01: 𝚂𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔!

Depuis le début

"Camille?" She called out  letting her anxiety get the better of her. She tried to be strong but she couldn't help the nagging feeling that history would repeat itself.

The red head who had been standing right beside her was now studying her very anxious appearance.  It was a very rare sight to see.

Without hesitation Camille took her hand and promised to be with her every step of the way. Just like she always did.

Camille was one of the very few that she still trusted after her trust was shattered into tiny particles. Just like her hopes and dreams.

It was their secret language. They didnt have to say something to each other, sometimes they just knew. She knew Camille was with her.

Right there where she had always been.

But even though Camille promised to stick by her side she knew that sooner or later she had to face her own demons. By doing it on her own.

But she feared that her demons where within her and not on the battlefield. And she knew that if they were within she would have to let Camille go to save her from herself.

After all there is no escaping the demons from within. And the people here would rip you apart if they smelt fear. They were vultures lurking around.

They were cold.

Alienated

And looked for any chance to get a rise out of you.

They could never be kept at bay for too long before they come hunting for the prey.

As soon as the two entered the building together falling into step. The halls erupted with gossip, stares of the students made Reese feel slightly unsecured and out of place.

The stares.

It reminded Reese why she hated highschool all over again. Building up her anxiety, the slight trimmer in her fingers. Her heart beating slightly faster.

She tugged on the strings of her hoodie trying to cover her face but the damage was done. They had seen her.

It was just great. Adding to her anxiety even more. She needed to compose herself she couldnt show weakness not now. She had come so far.

But It Just like old times.

Gossip

Whispers.

Reese thought as the whispers of students echoed in her head and affected her much more than she had let on. She needed to keep up her facade. She just had to.

"She's back?"

"Why is she here?"

"Is that her?"

"Oh my god all hell is gonna break lose!"

Reese tried her best to ignore everything around her and focus her eyes on the path ahead of her. That's all she could do. It was all she had to do.