“Please,” Jason scoffed. “You should’ve seen what I did to him. He’s lucky he got one punch in.” Jason paused. “You said you didn’t want to go to the police and I respect your decision but I’ll be dead before I let that bastard get away with touching you. If I didn’t do this then who’s to say he wouldn’t hurt you again?”

            The thought of Carson possibly hurting me again made me feel so helpless and little. I shook away those thoughts. “I don’t want to talk about him tonight.” Jason nodded and I said, “Tell me something I don’t know about you.” It didn’t feel like this was the first time I was meeting him. He knew almost everything about me.

            “What do you want to know?”

            “Anything,” I shrugged.

            “You know everything.” That made me smile.

            “I’m sure I don’t know everything. Tell me about your family.”

            “Well you know about my brother and sister. I’m close with my Mum and Dad and when I told my Mum that I was going on a date tonight she wouldn’t stop asking questions about you.”

            “This is a date?” I teased.

            “Is that the only thing you caught from that?”

            I laughed, happy that I was able to now put a label on that night. “How did your Mum and Dad meet?” Jason started laughing and I furrowed my eyebrows, confused. “What?”

            “They met on Omegle. Cute, aye?” He winked.

            “And look at you meeting me on Tumblr.” The waiter came and interrupted us, taking our order. The rest of dinner went smoothly and I had the best time ever. I couldn’t help but think how much easier it was to be around Jason than it was to be around Carson.

            “I’m just going to go bathroom,” I said to Jason right before we were about to leave. I didn’t really need to pee; I just wanted to make sure I look okay.

            “I’ll be waiting outside, Nea.” I walked into the bathroom, and went straight to a mirror fixing up my hair.

            “First date?” A middle-aged woman asked me as she washed her hands.

            “Yeah. I had to come and make sure I look alright before we leave,” I laughed.

            “You look beautiful, no worries.”    

            “Aw, thank you,” I smiled. “Are you here with your husband or something?” I had noticed the ring on her left hand.

            “Yeah, it’s our ten year anniversary. It’s crazy how fast it goes. I better get going before Tom starts worrying. Go out and kiss your date,” The lady laughs and winks as she walks out of the bathroom leaving me to worry if I was going to kiss Jason tonight.