Prologue

Click

Click

Click 

the closer you got to the tower's hanger the louder the clicking got, the one making the noise was Mystogen sitting at the same place where Cayde would be. 

Click

He looked at Cayde's weapon the Ace of Spades while spinning the chamber slowly. Now that everything was said and done with barons and Uldren the people of the Last City were giving Cayde a proper funeral but Mystogen didn't want the same man that was with him before his exo life.

"Guardian," Ghost said coming into the hanger. Nothing but silence, Mystiogen didn't even look at his ghost, "The vanguard wanted you to come meet them, they said Cayde left something for you," There was an eerie silence again until Mystogen got up and holstered the Ace of Spades and walked to the area of the funeral. 

"Mystogen, it looks like your ghost got you to come out," Ikora said, Mystogen just stared at her, he was always quiet but she could tell he didn't want to be here, "Cayde left you a gift if he were to ever pass so here," Ikora gave a box with recorder on top. 

He walked away back to the hanger and looked at the box he then pressed play to start the recording, "Is this thing on, oh um. Ahem, Hey Myst if your hearing this then that means Ikora gave my gift to you and that means I'm also dead. But the doesn't mean that gives you the right to mope around all day because of me, we have work to do as hunters. Anyways if you haven't already opened the box, I'll give ya a moment," Cayde's voice said, Mystogen opened the gift and saw Cayde's cloak, "Yep, that's right I'm giving you my cloak, now this wasn't mine all the time it was my friends but he passed. If you don't know already the thing about us hunters is we take up our mentors cloak to respect them, now "Ace" I'm giving this to you not because I was your mentor, no I'm giving this to you because we were partners and friends. So wear it with pride, and hey...Take me with you," The recorder stopped signifying that it was over. 

Mystogen looked at the cloak in his hands, he took off his cloak and swang the cloak around him putting the hood up, It was once Cayde's and now his, he will wear this with respect for his friend. He lets out a sigh and looks at Cayde's chicken, Colonel, Mystogen sat down next to Colonel which she went and sat on his legs. Mystogen started to pet Colonel before getting visions of ruins and dark beasts flooding the area, he had been getting these visions since the events that happened in the Reef, they started vague but as time went by they became clearer and clearer until he knew what this place, it was Remnant, Beacon Academy to be more specific but in ruins destroyed by something unknown to him. Were these visions from the Traveler like before he didn't know but one thing was for certain, if these visions were true he had to go back, he needed to make sure no one else died. He picked up Colonel and set her on the floor giving her some seeds as a snack.

"Ghost," Mystogen finally spoke.

"Y-Yes guardian?" Ghost responded a bit shocked by the voice of his guardian.

"Bring the ship, we're leaving," Mystogen said.

"To where?" Ghost asked.

"We're going back to Remnant," Mystogen said while taking out a piece of paper and quickly writing down a letter.

"Are you sure Mystogen its been onl-" Ghost said before being interrupted.

"Ghost. Bring the ship around...please," Mystogen said placing the letter on the letter. 

The ship was brought around and Mystogen got in and flew out of the hanger, "You have Remnants coordinates right?"

"I-I do yes but I must warn you," Ghost said.

"About what?" Mystogen said getting the ship ready for the jump.

"This may be a one way trip for who knows how long," Ghost warned.

Mystogen paused for a moment, "That's the risk I'm willing to take,"

Ghost stayed silent and put in the coordinates of Remnant, "Jumping in 5. 4. 3. 2. 1."

The ship jolted into jump speed it may take a while for them to reach Remnant not knowing how long it was from Earth.

"Why do you want to go back?" Ghost asked.

"There were visions I've been getting about a destruction of a place, and they had gotten clearer," Mystogen answered.

"And what's this place?" Ghost asked.

"Beacon Acadamy," Mystogen said, as if right on cue they had made it to Remnant the broken moon closer than ever to them. Mystogen grabbed the controls and started to fly towards the world. The closer they got the faster they went towards the ground, the controls went out of control and Mystogen was not able to control how it landed, "Prepare for a rough landing!!"

. . .

BOOM

Welcome back to Remnant