Epigraph

"People are not what they think they are,
people are what they hide."

Grayson Taylor.

A corporate lawyer that can't commit to anything more than a one night stand because he's married to his job.

And it's always been that way.

Ever since he graduated from Stanford Law school and got a job representing Benson Pharmaceuticals.

But then there's the one night stand with the most captivating woman he's ever met that changed his perspective.

The only thing is that he never got her name.

And the catch when he finds it out?

She's his best friend's high school ex-girlfriend and totally off limits.

Tessa Kaplan.

A model that doesn't think she deserves a happily ever after even though she's fixed her wrongdoings of the past.

She has an art history degree from Columbia that she's never put to use and what better time than the present?

She's trapped in a contract she no longer wants to be in but is damn good at what she does.

But after a one night stand with a charming man, she realizes might have met her match.

The only thing is that she never got his name.

And the catch when she finds it out?

He's the best friend to her high school ex-boyfriend and totally off limits.

Disclaimer: This spin-off takes place during the middle of part two in What A Lie Looks Like. This story can be read on its own but to understand references to certain things you might want to check out the other one first!