Chapter 4 : Back to work

I pushed him away.

“Why did you kiss me?” I asked with tears rolling down my cheeks. He didn’t reply… which made me very angry. I stormed off to my room… I couldn’t stand being near him anymore.

(Ray’s POV)

I got caught up in the moment and kissed him… I didn’t mean it… it’s just every time I think of him kissing another guy I just want to make him mine.

“Why did you kiss me?” He sounded mad but he was crying. Oh my god I made him cry! What kind of human being am I? He ran off to his room crying and swearing. When he was gone I found out how frustrated I really was. There was a fresh hole in the wall. Guess I better put a poster or something up until I can fix it. I slapped on a poster from a recent famous pop idol and walked into the kitchen.

I know I will make him his favourite dish as an apology. So I grabbed ingredients out of the fridge and started cooking.

(Kei’s POV)

He is such an idiot! I jumped onto my bed and screamed into my pillow. I lied there staring at the roof for a few minutes until I smelt something. No! Not this time! I won’t forgive him! I was thinking as I fell asleep… The thing is I wasn’t on my bed… It turns out that I can’t see well while crying.

*****

I woke up in Ray’s room. His guitar leaning against a desk. He was sitting on the chair at the desk. Sleeping like that. Poor Ray, it’s my fault he is uncomfortable like this… I put a pillow behind his head and went for a shower. I have work again today. God, Cody is going to be there! After my shower I got my outfit on and tied up my hair. The glasses were hard to find but I eventually got them on to.

Before I left I left a note for Ray. ‘I’m sorry about last night, forgive me? I will forgive you as well. I’m off to work. Don’t sleep too late <3’.

I caught an early bus today. I didn’t feel like being late. On the bus, a lot of people were staring at me. I guess it’s to be expected. Most people don’t wear a tuxedo on the bus. I thought as I got off out front of the restaurant as I went in I read the big letters ‘FOG HORN’ printed above the door.

“Good morning!” I called

“Kei, Nice day today!” Josh called from the back, he is the chef. Makes the BEST steak you will ever have. He has the bluest eyes too. Blonde hair to match.

“Morning.” Boss called, he was bartender. He looks best in a tux but isn’t a waiter… It’s kind of a waste. He is tall and had black short hair. He has a feint scar on his cheek and really dark eyes… I have never been close enough to see what colour they really were.

“Not many people today?” I asked boss as I sat on a stool. He was cleaning a glass… He just likes to look cliché.

“No, today won’t be busy. But don’t worry it’s not just you today.” Boss replied. Just then the back door opened and Cody walked in with Erin. Erin is shorter than me and has blue dyed hair. He always wears a top hat and red contacts.

“Kei!” Erin called and jumped on me.

“It’s been a little while, did you miss me?” he asked swinging his head around until it was right in front of mine.

“Just a little.” I showed a small gap between my fingers and he sulked a little bit.

“You’re mean!” he yelled and walked off to start cleaning tables. Cody was just standing there silent, avoiding eye contact with me. Great now he hates me!