Chapter 3 : Ray's Turn

“I-I have to go now!” I grabbed my bag and ran out the door. I think he may have called my name as I left but I didn’t hear it properly. Oh god! Did I actually just do that? After I got far enough I stopped running and just continued walking home.

(Cody’s POV)

“WAIT! Kei!” I called after him but he kept running. How could he kiss me and run away? I thought we were finally going to get closer! I put my hand up to my lips. I can still taste it. I pinched myself. I’m not dreaming? Then I must write down exactly what happened before I forget! I got a piece of paper and wrote down the events of tonight.

After writing everything I went to the vacant bed and lied down on it. He slept here. I curled up into the blankets smelling them. They still slightly smell like him. And I fell asleep like that, surrounded by his scent.

(Kei’s POV)

-BZZT-

Is that my phone? I pulled out my phone and Ray was calling. I have known Ray all my life, he and I rent the apartment together. He is probably wondering where I am. I answered.

“Are you okay?” Immediate yelling came through the phone.

“I’m fine.” I replied pulling the phone a little from my ear.

“I called you SO MANY times. Where were you?”

“I was tired at work so I took a rest at a mates place.” I don’t like lying to him but sometimes he doesn’t need to know the truth. “I’ll be home in 5 minutes.” And with that I hung up the phone.

It actually took me 10 minutes to get home but it doesn’t seem like he cared much. Ray was sitting at the table, his red hair covering half his face. He was resting on his palms, it looked like he was thinking.

“I’M HOME!” I yelled and he looked up. He gave me his signature smile and watched me walk up the stairs.

I quickly got changed and ran back downstairs. I want to tell him about today. I sat on the chair next to him.

“You will never guess what happened today!”

“You kissed a guy on his bedroom floor?” I suddenly blushed hard out.

“Wait! Really?!” He grabbed my hands and looked into my eyes. His dark brown eyes were beautiful.

“That’s not what I wanted to tell you…” I quickly averted my gaze. Not again. Not with Ray.

“Okay, what did you want to tell me?” I looked back.

“I went to Miss Katie and she fixed my looks, now I get heaps of requests!”

“Really? Good for you!” He said and stood up. He grabbed my arm and pushed me up against the wall.

“I noticed you look hotter, how am I supposed to hold myself back now?” before I could respond he kissed me.