Midnight and a truth part one.

a hostess came over offering thing and Ariella shook her head before anthing could be handed to her. The Doctor had insisted on sitting next to her until she caved. Did he know? maybe it was just the memorys of the name. He sat and smiled at me, "Hello again!"

"Hello." she made it a goal not to speak to him. he appeared hurt that she didnt say more.

The hostess smiled at the Doctor, "That's the headphones for channels 1-36, modem link for 3-D video games, complimentary earplugs, complimentary slippers, complimentary juice box, and complimentary peanuts. i must warn you, some products may contain nuts."

she laughed slightly as he took them looking a bit shocked. yup, thats the Doctor. "That'll be the peanuts." the hostess smirked.

"Enjoy your trip."

"Oh i can't wait! allons-y!" he smiled as she turned back.

"I'm sorry?" the look on her face was priceless.

"Its french. for lets go." smirking he looked back at the peanuts. reading a label he smiled, "May contain nuts."

"well if it may..." she smiled and grabbed the peanuts from him. he looked shocked.

"Oi!" he yelled grabbing them back. she laughed slightly and he smiled. "Do i know you?" he asked still smiling. Ariella decided she liked this regeneration of him. 

she shook her head sadly, "Not in this body..." she muttered to herself.

"What?" her head snapped up.

"Nothing." he knew she was lying but didnt say anything. 

The doors closed and the shields went down. looking around she sighed, this was going to be a long trip....

"I'm afraid the view is shielded until we reach the waterfall." the hostess said smiling. the hostess continued but Ariella blocked it out. she listened again as she said, "For your entertainment we have the music channel playing retrovids of earth classics." As she clicked a button a screen came down with some lady singing terribly on it. "Also, the latest artistic installation from Ludovic Klein." art pictures swirled around the room as the hostess continued. "Plus for the youngsters, a rare treat, the animation archives." a screen dropped showing a lame old cartoon. "Four hourse of fun time." she assured us. "Enjoy." all the sounds and noises and sights were giving Ariella a headache. she pulled out her Sonic screwdriver, light blue because she stole it from the Doctor, and had turned everything off before the doctor could bring out his.

Looking over at her he frowned, deep in thought, she sighed quietly with relief that he hadnt seen it.

the man behind them smiled, "Well thats a mercy." a slight laugh escaped her and the Doctor turned once more, again in thought.

"Uh, i do apoligize." the hostess stated looking stressed. "Ladies and gentleman and variations thereupon. we seem to have had a failure of the entertainment system."

"Oh!" Ariella said seeming suprised and sad.

"But what do we do?" one lady asked.

"Weve got four hours of this, four hours of just sitting here?" the man, presumably her husband asked.

"Tell you what!" the doctor exclaimed turning in his seat, "We'll have to talk to each other instead." Ariella rolled her eyes, typical Doctor. a smile played her lips and there was nothing she wouldnt give to be able to talk with him, without lies, with him knowing what and who she was. he had his back to her as he brought his feet onto his seat.

She couldnt resist.

she shoved his back and sent him flying of the seat onto the floor. he looked up with a hurt expression. a smile grew on her face, "You'll understand some day, and you'll learn not be in postitions like that." she remembered the days on Gallifrey when they would laugh and play fight. just like this. she remembered the time he accidently killed her not knowing she was already hurt and burst out laughing remembering his face.

"What are you laughing at?" he asked standing.

"When you killed me back ho-" she clapped a hand over mouth and realized the Doctor wasnt listening, instead brushing himself off.

"What?" asking her again he frowned. shaking her head she blocked out everything from her mind even the Doctor and say quiet for the rest of the trip. she only heard a few words about an abstract pool and noseplugs, some things on the lost moon of poosh and Dedes life, then about a girl named Donna and skys old girlfriend in another galaxy.

about an hour later the bus screeched to a stop.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK? dont you just love Ariella?