𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔰 𝔢 𝔳 𝔢 𝔫

I woke up slowly, finally convincing myself to open my eyes and see the sunrise.

The light didn't hit me, but I could feel it through the blankets at my feet. For once in my life I wasn't concerned about it, and instead focused on another tactile sensation.

A soft finger traced the lines of my back, drawing intricate designs I couldn't begin to fathom in my newly-awakened state.

I hummed peacefully at the calm feeling resting in my chest and felt the blankets shift.

"Good morning," Aaron spoke, his morning voice deep and naturally raw.

I mumbled the same back with a smile and soon felt his lips on the back of my exposed neck. He moved forward, trailing soft kisses to my shoulder.

Pressing against his chest, I dipped my head back over his shoulder and reached my hand to the back of his head, opposite my own.

Running my fingers through his hair, I lost myself in the feeling of his lips against the flesh of my collarbone.

It was quiet and content. . . until there was a knock at the door.

We both turned sharply to the wooden structure, then to each other as a guard spoke and we separated.

"Your Highness? Is everything alright? Your parents told me to come see you when you missed breakfast."

Aaron cursed quietly to himself and I sat up to find that the sun had already crested over the mountains. We woke up late, definitely later than I normally do.

"I'm coming in, sir."

Thank god for vampire speed.

Without a sound, I fought my blissfully painful aches and grabbed his thin white bedsheet off the floor. Wrapping it around myself, I then grabbed a few articles of my clothing from the side of his room that was visible from the doorway.

Just as the door opened, I managed to slip into his bathroom and hide behind the wall. Aaron let a small sigh of relief escape, but I held mine in.

"Your Highness?"

"Yes?" He didn't even try to hide his annoyance for the title.

"Is everything alright?" The guard repeated. Thankfully he didn't sound familiar, and if I knew him I was sure Aaron would have made some mention of his name aloud.

"Everything is fine. I'm simply not hungry," damn, he was good with speaking powerfully.

"I can have the food brought up?"

"That won't be necessary, thank you."

After a brief goodbye, our spare guest left, and once I heard his footsteps fall away I walked into the doorway.

I still held the bedsheet tight around my chest so it wouldn't fall, as dressing myself would have been too loud. Aaron sighed in relief again, and I watched him with an amused smile.

He chuckled, turning it into a long laugh that I couldn't help but share.

⠎⠓⠕⠥⠇⠙⠓⠁⠧⠑⠺⠁⠇⠅⠑⠙⠁⠺⠁⠽

I breathed heavily.

"You guys did. . ." I breathed a second, "Fantastic."

"But we lost!"

Pointing to my throat, I replied. "You know how hard it is to get me out of breath?" I laughed and everybody celebrated, calming their breathing as I did mine.

"Okay, take five minutes. Good job everyone."

The boys of my class went for their water, and I followed suit, catching myself beside Garroth.

"They're learning so fast," I breathed.

The tall blond agreed and elected to point out a few flaws he had noticed, including some I hadn't. One moved their left foot before every punch, another tripped easily on the gravel, etc.

Laurance walked over and joined the conversation, which made me notice a tension between them.

The blond and brunet barely looked at each other, even looking at the detail in the walls and floor to avoid eye contact.

The thing with me is, I'm good at reading people, but not so good with social cues.

However, I've spent time with the people in this city longer than I have with anyone else, so based on what I know from these two and social experience (which is still insane to me that I have), I could tell the tension was either romantic, sexual, or bro-mantic.

I smirked in mischief. "I'll, uh, leave you two alone."

Heat from both of them erupted quickly as I skittered away and left them to an awkward conversation.

I'm such a good friend.

⠎⠓⠕⠥⠇⠙⠓⠁⠧⠑⠺⠁⠇⠅⠑⠙⠁⠺⠁⠽
нυєнυєнυє.
яσмαи¢є ιѕ fυи.
Word count: 726