𝔱 𝔢 𝔫

• fσυя ωєєкѕ •

It was a week later, and Emmalyn had just left, finally, the marks healing without a trace.

I couldn't heal her because she was mostly conscious or sleeping lightly, and the wound scabbed before I could do anything without her noticing.

We didn't tell her what happened, to her and everyone's knowledge, she just had a cold and I had been taking care of her here.

Kenmur, her boyfriend of 3 years, wanted to come see her but Emmalyn made me pass on the message that she was fine and needed some books, so he went on a trip to get them. He hasn't come back yet, but we think he will today and she wants to surprise him.

Now, I was just lounging around my house waiting for Zoey to come over to hang out and chat. New for me, to be honest.

Simple, I wore a slightly oversized loose shirt with holes and it was slightly see-through, exposing my black bra, some small shorts you couldn't see under the shirt, and some really messed up tights, which were ripped randomly all over.

I had a spoon of chocolate spread, and the tub nearby.

There was a knock at my door, and I got up, making my way to the entrance with the spoon in my mouth.

I opened the door and saw Garroth and Laurance, who I was not expecting.

I saw them look a little flustered and my eyes widened, slamming the door shut.

Flustered myself, I grabbed my cloak and mask and held my cloak around my body so that it covered me, and set my spoon on a small table while putting my mask over my chin, nose, and lips.

I opened the door once again and cleared my throat. "What's up?" I asked trying to be casual and avoid what just happened.

"Just doing daily rounds, checking in on everyone."

I nodded. "I'm all good. Just waiting for Zoey, she's coming over so we can talk about some things."

They left soon after, leaving me alone once again.

I stripped off my mask and cloak again and collapsed on my bed.

Only for another knock to sound a minute later.

"Really?" I growled, getting up.

Swinging my door open, a creep of warmth made its way to my stomach and in turn my cheeks.

It wasn't Zoey, but Aaron - whom I hadn't spoken to since I broke down the night the vampires attacked.

"Hey," what else was I supposed to say?

"Hey," he responded with a small smirk, making me smile in return.

I moved out of the way, opening the door a bit. "Come on in."

He did, and I put my mask and cloak away.

After that, we just stood awkwardly in the hall, complete silence enveloping us.

"Thank you, for the other day. I. . ."

I couldn't finish, but he understood and nodded, making me look at the floor in between my bare feet as my toes wiggled. I shifted on them, and my hands were on my lower back, resting there with bent elbows.

"So how are you Aphmau?"

I shrugged and looked at him. "I'm okay. Didn't realize how lonely I would feel living alone." I shrugged. "I mean I've lived alone for a long, long time, but now I have friends and they're all out and about and I struggle to even leave the shade."