𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔩 𝔳 𝔢

• • 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘: 𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 • •
• fινє ωєєкѕ •

It was the night of the festival. Well, the dance portion. It lasts a week and this is the beginning day.

I was at Zoey's house and the girls were all excited and squealing, while I adjusted my heels. They insisted, and I didn't deny it. I'm used to heels - but definitely not to dresses and makeup. Especially with bold purple lipstick.

That I had denied, but they pushed me into it all anyways. Something about "being a woman for once." Psh, I'm always a woman. . .just more of a badass one than a girly one.

Or bitchy. Bitchy or badass woman — both are true.

Even if I'm not used to wearing all of this, I don't look bad in it at least.

The dress was black from my neck to my feet with an extra length that trailed behind me. It was tightest around my torso and loosened mid-hip to flow elegantly to the floor.

A high slit revealed the tattoo on my right leg, and another opening on my sternum so my cleavage was visible. Around my neck was a bejeweled choker — still a part of the dress —that dipped down to the small of my otherwise bare back. It connected with the soft, dark fabric at my hips in a diamond.

Paired with the dress was a bracelet band and stud earrings that matched the colors of the collar to complete the ensemble.

It was pretty cute. But this is the only time I bet I'll be wearing a dress.

"You'll lose that bet."

I jumped from my thoughts without a flinch, turning to Zoey. The other girls were out of ear shot and she had kept her voice low.

"Pardon?"

She smiled. "You're thinking aloud. Don't worry, only I heard. But I'm still going to get you to wear dresses more than once."

I rolled my eyes as response. We both knew she could try - and fail - at getting me in a dress before I kicked her ass. Not that I could do that to Zoey.

"Lets go, girls! I bet the others are waiting - and Aphmau's date!"

Shaking my head, I turned and walked with them to the door. My mask was actually wrapped securely around my upper thigh that was covered in case of emergency. "He's not my date."

"Of course not! That's totally why he invited you to come -"

"And meet people." I interjected.

Zoey scoffed and the girls exchanged glances.

Here we go. I just hope this night isn't a complete disaster.

⠎⠓⠕⠥⠇⠙⠓⠁⠧⠑⠺⠁⠇⠅⠑⠙⠁⠺⠁⠽

We arrived, and the plaza looked completely different - save some things.

Some of the stands were still there, off to the sides of the whole thing so people could get food and drinks.

There was a wooden platform slightly elevated to one wall nearby them, and there were instruments set in their respective places. Someone was currently playing guitar on a stool, singing as they did.

The rest of the plaza was clear of debris altogether. The cobblestone looked recently polished, and you could hear the clicks of heels as people danced nearby the occasional table.

Lights were strung everywhere, hanging from trees to the wall and all above the crowds. Tree trunks were wrapped in light of pale yellow and white, with a few multicolored in between.