Chapter Twenty-Nine : Sweet Kicks & Lullabies

Start from the beginning

To make the occasion even sweeter, a brand-new portraits of her and King Demarco, was released. In the photo, the couple sit side-by-side on the steps of their home, Peran Palace, showing off their pearly whites with the cutest grins. With just a quick glance at the couples' sweet photo shoots, it's clear that these two have an extremely close bond and are very happy.

In another photo, the couple stood together in traditional royal sashs and Cèline worn the Norlandic's the gold flotus tiara

In another photo, the couple stood together in traditional royal sashs and Cèline worn the Norlandic's the gold flotus tiara. Which in a solo photo she posted on her Instagram with her baby bump proudly displayed.

-

"How did it go?" He asked bringing me to sit on his lap his hands on my stomach.

"It went great. It was so much easier than I thought." I explained as he kissed me.

"You see I told you there was nothing to worry about." He replied kissing me.

When we broke apart I felt a nudge on my stomach, almost as if someone had touched me from the inside. It took me a whole minute to realize what was happening my baby was kicking.

"What's wrong?" Demarco asked with concern. I had been staring at my stomach the whole.

"The baby kicked." I whispered in barely audible tone.

"What happened?" He asked.

"The baby kicked." I repeated as I lifted my shirt to just below my breasts. "Look at it again." I said as I felt the small kick again."

"Where?" Demarco questioned as I placed his hand on my stomach the baby kicking almost immediately.

Demarco kept his hands on my stomach as the baby kicked a few more times. I felt the tears streaming down my face. It was such an incredible feeling, to know my baby was moving.

Demarco was at a loss of word as he kissed me laughing as the baby kicked yet again.

"I don't think he likes not being the center of attention." I mused as Demarco wiped my tears.

"He is going to have to learn to share." Demarco said as he hugged me. "I love you both so much." He said.

"And so do we." I said giving him a short kiss.

"Can you two ever stop kissing?" Beatrice asked walking into the room.

"Beatrice, you seem to be here more than you are in England." Demarco replied.

"Well get used to me, Demarcie." She said.

"And why would I do that?" He asked, smiling.

"Oh you know why." She answered, smiling.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing." Demarco replied.

"You're lying." I said.

"It's Beatrice's secret to tell." Demarco said.

-

The snap and whir of cameras began the moment that Demarco and I stepped from the car that morning. The large media pack that had traveled to Merania was clearly as eager to focus on them as they were ready to focus on the state visit; on all of the activities and events that had been planned for the two days.

"Cèline!" Kitty said as we walked up to her and her husband, King Maxwell.

"Kitty!" I said, as I gave her a kiss on the cheek then a hug.

"How are you? You look amazing." She said.

"I'm wonderful and thank you, you look amazing as well. Congratulations, on the baby." I said.

"Congratulations on the pregnancy." She said.

Then I moved over to her husband, King Maxwell as Demarco moved over to greet her.

"Maxwell, how are you?" I asked giving him a kiss on the cheek then he kissed my hand and give me a hug.

"Cèline, I'm well. Congratulations on the pregnancy. I say it's been a busy year for us." Maxwell answered.

"I could say the same." I said smiling.

"Can you believe it? Demarco and Maxwell are cousins and have married cousins." Kitty said.

"I guess it's true when they say it's a small world." I said.

"Let's head to the carriage for the parade." Maxwell said.

Demarco and Maxwell got into one carriage while Kitty and I got into another carriage. We headed down the main street where there was a crowd waiting for us with the Norlandic flag, waving at us. I smiled and waved back as Kitty did the same.

"Can you believe it, we are both Queens and mothers now." Kitty said.

"Almost a mother, this little one is not due for another six weeks and honestly, we used to talk about marriage and children all the time when we were younger." I said.

"I didn't think you remembered those times especially when you and your brothers started doing your royal duties and we barely spent time together after that." She said.

"I know I wish it wasn't like that. I don't want that for my child. I want them around their cousins enjoying their youth before facing the cruel and uptight side of being royal." I said.

"Trust me Cèline, I feel the same. I finally understand why aunt Diana pushed for certain things when it came down to her kids." She said.

"I know that's why everything she has done for us will be passed down to my child and future children like her lullabies." I said.

"I think she would love that, Cèline." She said.

"I know she would." I said, smiling.