Chapter Fourteen : My Favorite Girl

Chapter Fourteen | My Favorite Girl

That's the thing about sensitive people.
Things take time. Time to absorb other people's
feelings and time to restore their own sanity.
Time to adjust to change and time to remain
with their own values. Time to ask why things are the way they are and time to just simply let things be. A life of taking two steps forward and one step back is a powerful way to be.
-Juansen Dizon, Sensitive People

Princess Cèline of Wales announced as first ever patron of London College of Fashion

Princess Cèline of Wales has been announced as the first ever patron of the London College of Fashion. The stylish royal, who has undergone a formidable style transformation in recent years, will carry out a three-year patronage with the college.

Cèline, 31, will be involved in its Better Lives campaign which aims to use fashion to bring about change, a sustainable future and improved wellbeing.

"We are very proud to have the Princess Cèline of Wales's support and look forward to working with her," said LCF professor Frances Corner.

"This is a very exciting time for the college and HRH's patronage strengthens the innovative work that we do and the contribution we will continue to make to the future of the fashion industry."

In recent years Princess Cèline has proved that she is a force to be reckoned with in the sartorial stakes. In 2011, the year of the William and Kate's wedding, In 2018, the year of the Harry and Meghan's Wedding and Eugenie and Jack's wedding, the Princess consistently stepped out looking flawless.

As well as a wardrobe overhaul, she also enlisted in the help of a personal trainer and her complexion glowed with a radiance that defied her years. The Princess has upheld her reputation as a royal fashionista ever since.

While it is not unusual for royals to support a charity through patronage, about 3,000 organisations have royals as patrons or presidents, they are more often involved in charities that support health or social issues.

As part of the college's Better Lives project, the Princess will be involved in schemes that teach female prisoners fashion-related skills, projects with schoolchildren and awarding student scholarships.

Notable alumni from LCF include shoe designers Jimmy Choo, Emma Hope, Patrick Cox and one of the Duchess of Cambridge's favourites, Linda Bennett of LK Bennett. The college recently made its debut at London Fashion Week with MA students showcasing their collections.

-

I walked into my apartment and kicked off my heels. I sighed as my feet touched the cold floor. I unlocked my phone checking for messages from Demarco. It's already been three days since I returned home and I haven't heard from him. I missed him a lot but I know his schedule was busy.

"Your Royal Highness, there is someone waiting for you in your bedroom." One of the maids said, walking into the living room.

"You let someone wait for me in my bedroom." I said, shocked.

"The person was very serious about wanting to wait for you in your bedroom, Your Highness." She said.

I was confused. Who would want to wait for me in my bedroom?

"I will be taking my leave for the day, ma'am." She said.

"Very well. Good day." I said, walking to my bedroom.

I opened my bedroom's door and shocked. My room was cover in red heart shape balloons with red rose petals all over the floor and bed. Candles lit in a shape of a heart and Demarco standing on the side of the bed with a large bouquet of red roses.

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed as I stepped into the room.

"Are you surprised?" Demarco asked, walking up to me.

"I'm more than surprised." I replied, as he handed me the bouquet. "Thank you for all of this, what are you doing here?" I said.

"I missed you so much that I wanted to come and surprise you. Plus, I wanted to make up for my not so romantic proposal." He said.

"It was romantic enough for me but thank you for this. I love you." I said, kissing his lips.

"And I love you too, Cèline." He said.

-

The next morning I woke up to the sound of very loud vibrations. My brain was in a fog and my head was pounding, but I rolled over and grabbed my phone just as it stopped vibrating. The noise didn't stop right away though and I realized Demarco's phone was ringing too.

"Demarco," I mumbled, gently shook him to wake up. "Your phone." I said.

He grunted in response, but didn't bother moving but managed to pull me into a tight grip by his side. I sighed and glanced at my phone. My heart immediately started racing as I saw that I had five missed calls from my grandmother. Trying not to fly into too much of a panic and wake Demarco up. I moved away from Demarco and out of the bed. I slipped on my robe and walked out of the bedroom.

I went to the living room where I found my grandmother, my father, Harry and William. I was shocked.

"Good morning, what's going on?" I asked, as I rubbed my eyes.

"Why is the King of Norland in your bed?" My father asked.

"He's my boyfriend, may I remind you." I asnwered.

"Charles, leave her alone. She is a grown woman and she knows what she is doing." My grandmother said.

"Thank you, Granny, but what are you all doing here?" I asked.

"Cèline, there's been a situation." She answered.

"What happened?" I replied.

"Your popularity has increased even more than mine and the people are demanding to see more of you." She said.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked.

"Several of the advisors believe no one should be more popular than the Queen especially someone who is not as close to the throne as you." My father said.

"What a nice way to put it. You want me to step back or become something that I am not. If that's the case, you should have just sent a letter instead of coming." I said.

"Cèline." William said.

"You all have had so much input on my life yet when I say something you all act offended. Well, do not worry about me being more popular than the Queen for long." I said.

"Cèline, what does that mean?" Harry asked.

"Just wait and see." I answered.