Long-Distance Call- Part 1

Start from the beginning

"What's in Ohio?"

"A case. Your dad found something for us to hunt." Dean turned around but you stayed where you were. You had no idea why you decided to say this but the words just came tumbling out.

"I'm sorry, Dean." He stopped and turned to look at you, a confused look on his face.

"For what?"

"For killing you." He sighed and walked over to you, grabbing your hands.

"You didn't kill me."

"It's my fault I died. You sacrificed yourself for me. It's my fault your life is signed away."

"It was my decision. It wasn't your fault and I don't need you thinking like this." Dean started to pull you with him so he could get on the road.

"Yes, it is! My dumbass got killed and now you're paying the price. How is that fair? If anything, I should go to Hell. It's my soul that needs to be taken..." you trailed off and Dean stopped and turned to look at you.

"Stop that. What's done is done. You can't change it and if I so much find out you sold your soul to save me, so help me God, I am going to kill you." Dean turned back around and brought you to the car. You sighed and knew the conversation was over as of right now. As Sam and Dean got in the car, you turned your head back to the park, thinking of the bird again.

"Come on, sweetheart." Dean urged. You snapped out of it and got in the car. As soon as the door closed, Dean took off.

"So, what's this case my dad found?" You asked the brothers.

"Some banker guy blew his head off in Ohio and your dad thinks there's a spirit involved," Dean answered.

"Oh, okay. Sam, did the professor say anything?"

"No, he didn't know anything." Sam sighed.

"And That is why we're looking into this very real case instead of the very fake lead," Dean commented.

"It's not wrong to have hope, Dean." You sighed.

"No, it's not. But there is no way out of this. Okay? I'm tired of having this conversation." You sighed and clenched your jaw, tired of Dean passing this off as if this didn't terrify him. A few moments of silence passed before you broke it.

"So, a spirit?"

"Yeah, the banker was talking about some sort of electrical problems at his pad for like a week. The phone was going haywire, and the computer was flipping on and off." Dean explained.

"Okay," You said and looked between Sam and Dean. You looked back at Sam and he peeked at you before quickly looking away. "Sam, you okay?"

"Yeah, fine." He said curtly.

"You know you're terrible at lying. What's going on?" You asked and looked at Dean who tensed a bit.

"Well..." Sam started but Dean cut him off.

"You promised, Sam." Dean glared at his brother.

"What did he promise you? Are you hiding something from me?" You asked, hating that they would keep things from you.

"Nothing. Just forget it." Dean replied.

"No, Dean. What did he promise you?"

"You tell her, Dean. She's going to find out sooner or later." Sam said and Dean clenched his jaw in frustration.

"Tell me what?!" You demanded.

"I need you to stop trying to find a way to save me." Dean looked at you through the rearview mirror.