Chapter 2

We were worn out after a particularly furious day, as also were all the relatives. The following day was the Big day - the day my besties were getting engaged! Everybody will get up tomorrow, and the house will begin to clamour once more. It is my dearest companion's commitment day, and my joy knew no limits.

"Ari, I'm so anxious, I'm making the best decision?" Shruti is having her tea, yet the anxiety is apparent all over.

"I don't have a clue what is going through that inquisitive head of your's, however I will tell you a certain something. Sinu is the best thing that has happened to you. That person really adores you. Regardless of whether you have a fight or have cold conflict, settle it prior to resting. Remember love wins everything".

Shruti embraces me, "Ari I feel so hard to accept that someone staying with you and not beginning to look all starry eyed at you."

"You're a heartfelt soul Shruti and if it's not too much trouble, keep alive that load of excellent things inside you. Never let it blur for anybody".

"Indeed, I will consistently remember that," she yawns. "I'm lethargic Ari, it was a tiring evening," she says and rests on the bed, nestled like a child.

It is Midnight; the sky is twilight and covered with mists to a great extent. I'm perched on the gallery, simply gazing at the stars above. Tears roll down my face, Reflecting on my past life. To succumb to somebody and to be with them is the most beautiful thing; however, I was unfortunate in that department. I shook off the compassion which creeps on me. I'm fortunate that now I have everything inquired. With a grin, I work off for the enormous day tomorrow.

With a lot of planning going on, there is no ideal opportunity to go to my place. Sinu and I have chosen nearly everything from what adornment requires to be done, what ring Shruti will like, and arranging the food menu. I don't have the foggiest idea about the list of attendees, which is dealt with by Sinu.

I appreciate the improvement of the corridor when I see ma coming towards me.

"Hello ma, look everything is so lovely and I'm so happy" I hold her hand.

"Indeed, even I'm. Shruti is a decent young lady very much like you" she somewhat squeezes my hand.

"Aww... That is sweet ma" I grin at her.

"I needed Sinu to wed you" I stand by a moment glued, what I'm hearing?

"Ma you sensationalize sometimes. I could never do that."

"Why ari?"

"In the first place, he is my dear companion, the second I'm senior to him by five years, and third I would prefer not to at any point get hitched."

"Try not to overstate Ari. Numerous qualified single guys will come and I will search you an attractive young man".

"Ma would we be able to if it's not too much trouble, leave this subject here. Ma, I have endured a great deal and don't have any desire to go through this by and by. I'm tormented soul for this".

"Has something happened, Ari? I grasp ma's hand. "I will disclose to you everything once this commitment is finished."

"OK, my dear."

This evening is the engagement, and I have picked a black silk sari with a brilliant rich border, paired with a slinky blouse; it has a deep low neck from the posterior, a slender string holding my assets. I attached my hair in an untidy bun with gajra around it, a light cosmetic not all that much, and a substantial gold accessory around my neck. I take a gander at myself in the mirror, with bends and additional fat. I look enticing today.