Chapter 3: Realizations

Pete looks shocked by the question I asked him. "Ai'Ae... Is my-!"

"That's the same question I have been wondering Ai'Pete. How the hell did you fall for this quick tempered shorty?" Pond asked, coming in together with Ae and Ping. Ae slaps Pond in the back of the head.

"Shut Up," Ae said to Pond. He looked at him threateningly, but turned it back on me. "Ai'Can! What are you asking Pete?" His angry face frightened me, causing me to lose balance and fall back on my butt. Pete quickly comes between us.

"Ai'Ae, Ai'Can was only asking me a question? Why are you being aggressive towards him?" He asked in a soft voice, pouting at him. All Ae's anger diminished, and he helped Pete off the ground. (Leaving me still on the floor by myself.) Pete was upset with Ae, and Ae kept trying to apologize. He even apologized to me, but I really didn't mind so much. I was used to Ae already.

They made up eventually and tried to invite me to have lunch with them, but I really wasn't feeling like eating so I went straight to the field. I told Good to meet up with me, and we hung out till practice.

Ding... Ding.

I wasn't going to look at the message, because I have been avoiding my phone since Tin was the one that bought it for me and it made me think of him every time I pulled it out. But for some reason I decided to look this time.

Pete: Ai'Ae is my hero. But the reason that I love him is because when I am with him he makes me stronger. I love being with him, and he accepts me. I knew it the moment I first saw him that I liked him.

Pete: I can't tell you if what you feel for Tin is love, because love is different for everyone.

Love is different for everyone? Than how will I know if what I feel for Tin is love... or friendship? 

Pete: From what I can see

Pete: Tin really cares for you.

Pete: And you care for him just as much.

I stare at his messages.

How can Pete be so certain of our feelings... When even I'm not sure, but he's right...

I care for him.

I want to see him.

I want to see him smiling back at me.

I want us to go out for lunch.

I want to drag him to the market again, and watch him get all flustered.

I want to go watch movies at his place, and to hang out again.

I don't want any of it to end.

Can: What if it's just caring for a friend? How will I know the difference?

I stare at my phone screen, and wait impatiently for Pete's reply. I'm hopeful for his answer. Maybe if I can't figure out my feelings, someone else can shine a light on them for me. So I can finally get out of this- not being able to eat, or sleep -misery.

Pete: What if I ask you a few questions, and we will see if that gives you a conclusion?

Can: What kind of questions?

Pete: Is he the first person you think about when you wake up, and the last when you go to sleep?

So it's these kinds of questions...