Dancing Queen

((...Still listening to mama Mia))

Connor swirled the straw in his strawberry smoothie as he tried to mute the sounds that poured all through the speakers around him. Gay bars were a lot louder than he had anticipated- though, in all fairness, he should have expected the loudest of everything in this kind of place.

He still wasn't quite used to being out. It felt weird to be open like this and- this was his first time at a gay bar...he didn't even know what to do other than to drink- only a smoothie of course though.

It was maybe three quarters past eleven by now? The bar would be closing soon and Connor would have to leave.
He had been hoping to meet somebody, to talk to them- but he had been here for an hour and still nothing. It was pretty late, perhaps that was why.

Connor looked down at his smoothie, swirling it a few more times before taking a sip.

"Now...is that alcoholic or spiked on accident because I've never seen anyone order a smoothie here before?"

Connor looked up, startled, from his drink, turning right, then left, and spotting a tall, handsome brunette with perfectly swished back hair, looking right at Connor.

"O-oh, no, it's...just a smoothie- it's against my beliefs to have alcohol." Connor nodded.

"So it's not okay to have a drink- but it's okay to be at a gay bar?" The boy smiled curiously.

"Who are you?" Connor asked.

"Kevin." The boy held out his hand, "What about you?"

"Connor." He accepted the hand and shook it before returning it to his side.

"Well, Connor, there's fifteen minutes left and- I don't see anyone other than me that's held your hand." Kevin sat up with a suddenly shy smile, "Care to dance?"

"Me?" Connor scoffed in amusement.

"Yeah! There's only one song left anyway after this, they spend the rest of the time getting all the drunks out- I, can't dance, but, I'd like to- w-with you that is." Kevin seemed suddenly flustered.

Connor smiled at the now nervous boy, this must have taken a lot of guts for him to do this- and gOsh was he cute..., "Well, I cant dance either, so, why not?"

"Great! Oh, wow, that's great." Kevin laughed happily, "Come on, they always finished with dancing queen, let's go." Kevin grabbed Connor's hands

Connor grinned as his face turned red and he was led to the dance floor.

Upon reaching it, he turned to Kevin who grabbed his other hand. They began to dance back and forth.

Connor grinned from ear to ear, "You come here often?"

"Is it that easy to tell?" Kevin turned red.

"Considering you know the nightly routine, I'd say so." Connor giggled.

"Well, for all the times I've come here, you're the first that's accepted a dance with me." Kevin nodded.

"Well, I'm glad I did then." Connor winked.

Kevin blushed fiercely and looked at their dancing feet, then looking up with confidence as the beat picked up, he twirled Connor who then fell.

Rather than romantically catching him, Kevin fell right on top of Connor.

The boys made eye contact from the awkward position before smiling as the music died down.