No Homo

No Homo was a phrase that highly upset Connor. No homo, no homosexual- might as well just go up front and get into some musical tap number of some sort and sing to it in snazzy pinky vests.
Bless the lord, Connor hated that phrase coming out of the other elders' mouths- as if it gave them the right to- to do whatever they would do! Getting too close, too touchy, too personal, just- No homo, elder! It sounded unnatural and uncalled for. As the district leader, Connor had half the mind to ban the phrase- however, no matter how much he hated that it totally disrespected the LGBTQ+ community...it had its benefits of getting out of a tight situation.

It started out shortly after Elder Church and Elder Price switched rooms so that Elder Church and Elder Poptarts could be yes homo.

Connor, of course, hadn't been informed about this until he walked in on a half-naked Kevin in his room, prompting the shorter Elder to cover his eyes with a squeak.

Kevin instantly grabbed whatever he could to hold it up to his shirtless frame with a sheepish grin, "Elder McKinley! Hello- yes, hi," Elder Price walked over to the still shielding McKinley who was blushing madly.

"It's okay, Elder, I'm simply wearing my swimming gear- Elder C- Arnold, chose Marco-Polo as today's activity- since he's in charge of Mondays..."

Connor was afraid of lowering his hand from his eyes but shakily did so only to feel his heart do a flip to see the shirtless boy in front of him with his hands on his hips and Moana Swim-Trunks on.

"What do you think, Elder? I...just got them! Disney, of course."

"O-M-Gosh, you're above average temperature..." Connor swooned.

Kevin looked partially confused until rewording the Connor-Coded wording and stumbled a bit before giving a small smile, "E..xcuse me?"

Connor froze and stood stiffly where he was before clearing his throat, "No...homo..."

Kevin seemed to noticeably relax before nodding, "Well, in that case, thank you very much, Elder McKinley!"

"Y-yeah! Anytime, K...evin!" Connor nodded, feeling smooth with the fact that he had just called Kevin...well, by his first name.

This seemed to spark an interest in Kevin's eyes as he nodded, heading towards the door and stopping beside Connor, "Care to join us with swimming?"

"Anything to keep seeing you in like that- nO HoMO!" Connor winced slightly as he saw Kevin grow increasingly awkward before giving a small wave and rigidly walking away.

However, this didn't keep Connor from feeling absolutely proud of what he had done- he had complimented Elde- Kevin, various times...no wonder the elders loved this phrase...

***

Connor had selected his dark red swim trunks and glittery-red crocks to wear out to the church's moss-covered swimming pool- and Connor suddenly realized why he hadn't ever used his swim gear before. He suddenly felt anxiety rise at the thought of getting in the water- at least, until he saw Kevin wading in the shallow end. You'd think the boy couldn't get cuter but Kevin without perfect hair was seemingly more perfect. Connor felt himself falling- no, actually, he was, and soon he hit the water smack down on its film, breaking it a moment too later before slowly sinking with the stinging pain covering his body and immobilizing him. Regardless, Connor figured that the best way to die, if so, was after gazing at the cutest sight of Moana-Price.

Connor needed to stop assuming that this day couldn't go better because soon there were arms around him and he was being carried up bridal style.

Connor was still in shock and, needless to say, a tad bit over dramatic, so when he recognized the brown-locks of Kevin Price, he simply lay limp on the other's arm, praying to the lord that whatever hell-dream come to night, despite that that he would allow for someone to recommend-

"I think there's water in his lungs! Elder, do you know mouth-to-mouth?"

Connor struggled not to leap in absolute joy but stood still as Kevin laid him on the edge of the pool and Connor could feel a shadow over him.

"Oh lord, Connor- I knew you were clumsy but my god..." Kevin murmured.

It took the rest of Connor's strength to not correct Kevin's G-O-D to gosh, but was worth it when he felt the brunette's lips on his.

Connor instinctively grabbed Kevin's face and drew him closer until the two parted and Connor opened his eyes to a surprised, flustered Kevin who quickly backed up.

"N-no homo?" Connor tried.

Kevin frowned suddenly before giving a small smile, "I uh-" He paused then with a slight frown in thought, "Not sure if that counts for this one, Con."

Connor wanted to fall again at the nickname but simply nodded.

"All the homo!" Elder.Poptarts yelled form where he sat on Elder Church's shoulders in the pool.

"T-turn it off?" Connor swallowed nervously as Kevin got up and held a hand out for him.

Connor looked at the hand before grabbing it and yelping as Kevin swiftly pulled him up, brushing a wild strand of ginger hair behind Connor's ear, with a signature Kevin-Price-Ego-Smirk, but this smirk being warmer than others as he suddenly grinned, "Turn it on and yes homo," He kissed Connor's head who squeaked in response before covering a red face with his tie.

"H-hey Kev?"

"Yeah, Con?"

"Say the lord's name in vane again and we'll be no homo again."

"Oh my go- O-M-Gosh, Connor, okay." Kevin rolled his eyes with a smile that seemed to have been extinct before.

There was a sudden gasp as Elder Cunningham turned to Naba from the other side of the pool and squished her face before planting a gentle kiss and leaning back with a grin, "No homo!! — Did I do it right?"

Kevin opened his mouth to speak but Connor interrupted, giving two thumbs up, "Great Job, Arnold!"

Arnold responded with a thumbs up before repeating what he'd done before grabbing Naba's hand and humming between his words of No Homo, No Homosexual, and what not.

Connor looked at Kevin and gave a little blep of his tongue, "Definite homo."