One of us

((I think I'll write all of these and submit them all at once))

Connor lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling. Kevin was gone. At the airport by now. He had been planning his leave back home for months, as his mission was over, and Connor had tried to confess to the boy for months, for years, but hadn't been able to...and now he was gone...

Connor turned onto his side, curling in on himself, feeling stupid, feeling small, wishing he had never left at all.

Little did he know, Kevin was feeling close to the same.

Kevin stood before the entrance to his flight, heart aching. He was leaving Uganda, going home...
He stopped at the entrance once it was his turn.

"Do you have a phone, sir?" The attendant there asked.

"Well, yes..." Kevin nodded.

"They've been messing up the flight- we're going to have to take it for the flight." The attendant nodded.

"Oh...of course, let me just..." Kevin grabbed his phone before catching the sight of the lock screen screensaver. It was a picture of himself and Connor, Connor having stolen the phone to take the selfie and set it as the screensaver, and Kevin had kept it.

"Sir, we haven't got all day." The attendant sighed impatiently.

Kevin looked at the picture, scanning it over thoroughly for the first time and catching the formation of Connor's hand...it was some kind of...gang symbol? No, no, it was sign language...

Kevin knew this, what was this?
His...mom used to show it to him affectionately and-

"Sir, you can't bring that onto the plane in your pocket-"

Kevin stiffened up as he recognized the symbol, "Oh, I am not getting on that plane." Kevin scrambled towards the exit, getting out of line.

I love you in sign language.

Connor was woken with a start at the slam of his door- no, not a slam, just a very very loud knock, "Hwha?" He grumbled as the door opened suddenly and he was met with the chocolate-brown eyes of Kevin who stared at him for a moment as Connor sat up suddenly, "Kevin!"

Kevin quickly got his phone out and put it in Connor's face, pointing to the sign he did with his hand.

Connor's face flushed red, "Wh-what are you doing here and-?"

"Do you love me, Connor?" Kevin blurted.

"Wh-what?" Connor laughed as he pushed the phone out of his face.

"Well? Do you?" Kevin frowned.

"I-" Now or never. "Yes." Connor nodded.

Kevin seemed to visibly crumble inward at this and smiled weakly, "R-really?"

"Wait- don't you have a flight to catch?"

Kevin shook his head, "I rescheduled it- I- Connor, you love me?"

"Is that a...problem?"

"Not at all!" Kevin gasped, bending down and putting his hands on Connor's knees, their faces level, "I really like you- I love you too, Connor!"

"R-really?" Connor's eyes rounded.

Kevin nodded.

Connor grinned and grabbed Kevin's face, deeply kissing his lips.

"H-heck yeah." Connor giggled as their foreheads were pressed together.