Chapter Two

I was sure about one thing: Calum was going to kill me. I ran back home and there he was waiting for me.

- Looks like you are late - he said.

- Sorry about that. How was your night?

- It was great. I think I am getting closer to her.

- Who?

- Oh, right. Her name is Lucy. She works with me.

- Oh, the one who was wearing a black dress last night?

- Yes, that's her.

- Not bad, uh?

- No. She is cool. We've been talking for a while now - he said - Anyway. Where were you? I know you hate parties but...

- I left with a guy. Got drunk and got a tattoo.

- Yeah, right - he said and laughed.

- No, really! - I said and showed him the tattoo.

- What the fuck!?

- I know. I just wanted to be a little... Different.

- It was Michael, right? He likes to flirt.

- Actually, no. It was Ashton. But I met Michael and Luke today.

- They are great - he said - but if I were you, I wouldn't date them.

- Why? - I laughed.

- Because they are trouble.

- It's not like I'm...I am not that kid of person.

- What do you mean?

- I mean that I don't date - I smiled.

- We should get going. It's tradition - he said and I laughed.

We went to the cinema. Every time a new horror movie was out, we would watch it. Today it was time to see "The Purge: Anarchy". He went to buy the tickets and I went to buy popcorn and coke. After that, I went to find him. The thing is that he wasn't alone.

- Guess who I found!? - he said surprised.

- Oh, hi - I said to Michael, Luke and Ashton - what are you guys doing here?

- I might have invited them last night while I was drunk - Cal said.

- Well, it sounds fun.

- We should get going - Michael said - Ella, you should sit with me.

- I heard you were trouble - I laughed.

- You have? - he laughed.

We got into the room and there were three sits on the left and two on the right. Calum sit with Luke and Michael.

- I think those are our sits - Ashton said pointing to the right.

- Let's go - I said.

We sat there but the movie was going to start in fifteen minutes or so.

- You can hug me if you get scared - he said.

- I never get scared.

- "We'll see about that" - he said and we both laughed - What about your tattoo?

- It hurts a little...

- You'll survive - he said - how come you like things that are not finished or perfect?

- Is not that hard to explain. Life itself isn't finished or perfect. Nothing is perfect. And if I like that it means something. It makes me feel like I can write my own future and even if it's not perfect, it'll be worth it.

- Deep - he said.

- Sorry about that...

- No - he "accidentally" touched my hand - I like that.

- I am hungry - I said taking my hand off of his and eating popcorn - Oh, look, the movie is starting! - I said relieved.

The movie was great and even better than the first one. I wasn't scared but it did made me feel nervous. I think Calum was annoyed because Luke and Michael were throwing popcorn to him and teasing me and Ashton. It's not like we are dating, you know? We only talked twice...

- I like this movie so far - Ashton whispered in my ear.

- Aw! - Luke and Michael said fangirling.

- It is a great movie. So much better than the first one. Calum and I saw it last year but... Yeah, this one is so much better.

- Where you and Calum dating?

- No. He is like my brother.

- I thought you two...

- Never gonna happen - I said - he is an amazing person and we are really good friends. I just don't see him that way.

- I just don't believe in that.

- What exactly?

- A boy and a girl just being friends.

- So you fucked all your friends? - I asked and he choked.

- No but that doesn't mean they didn't fall for me or there was no weird vibe. I mean, yes. It exists but eventually one of them will fall for the other. And things will never be the same.

- "That doesn't mean they didn't fall for me". So you never fell for any of them? Deep.

- They are not my type.

- And who is?

- You could be.

- Worst pick up line ever - I laughed.

- Rude - he said and we laughed.

The two dorks were still teasing us. It was funny. Calum was angry because he wanted to watch the movie and he wasn't enjoying it because of the rest. He stood up and then sit on the floor. But then someone told him he couldn't do that and he had to move to his sit again.

- Let's make them mad - Ashton said.

- What do you mean?

- Doing things like this - he said putting his arms around me - and this - he whispered in my ear - they won't bother us again.

- I don't mind. Just like I don't mind them teasing.

- It doesn't bother you? I thought it did.

- No, it doesn't. What's your deal? - I asked.

- You sound interesting - he said bitting his lower lip.

- Okay, let's go - I grabbed him and landed him to the rest room.

I pressed him to the wall and kissed him fiercely. That was the only way to get over with this. He would stop with this. He probably just wants to get laid and "have fun for a bit". Anyway, this is just an act. I wanted to scare him. I wanted for him to understand that. He was holding me tight. I made the move by trying to take his shirt off and...

- Wait - he said - I know what you are doing.

- Having fun?

- You want to get over with this. You think I want to get some.

- So we are on the same page.

- I really find you interesting, Ella. You can't change that. I won't stop telling you what I think about you so get over it. I wanna know you. The real you. Also, I am gonna win you. I am gonna be with you and we are both going to fall the right way.

- You wanna bet? - I said.

- Why? There's no need. We will win. Both of us. I'll fall for you and you will fall for me - he said - think about that - he said and then left.

I stood there thinking for about two or three minutes. "Who do you think you are Ashton Irwin?". "What makes you think I would fall for you?". I don't date. I don't like love. I reject it. I know what relationships are made of and I don't want lies in my way. I don't want fake feelings. You won't get me. Ever.

I went to where I was before. I sat next to him. Put my hand on his shoulder, leaned to him and whispered in his ear: "We will see about that". He just smiled.