Chapter I

A/N

So it seems you liked my first book if you're here. Make sure to give this book lots of love because well...I think Cassie could use it.

*Takes place right after the first book*

The first book you need to read! Can be found on my profile!

___

About three months ago, my entire world was flipped upside down. Things I thought were fairy tales were reality and things I thought were reality were a fairy tale. Everything was fake, wrong, distorted. Nothing was right, no matter how many times someone insisted it was.

    Three months ago, I was an innocent teenage girl with a sister meaner than the Grinch on Christmas. Look at me now and I'm am apparently most wanted in angel land.

    Yes, angels.

    Who would've thought that the winged, biblical men were real? And that they were actually blood crazy for me? I can tell you I definitely didn't think so.

    The saying seeing is believing had never been more right in my situation. I was told angels were after me and that they carried swords like pirates. I just didn't let the full reality of it come crashing down on me. A part of me hoped that it was rumored. False.

    Spoiler: It wasn't.

    "Stay behind me," the God of Death says beside me. After about three months of knowing him, thinking of him as the God of Death seems odd. I named him Grim, and in my eyes, he still is. But standing beside me, he sure looks like the God of Death.

    His eyes are hard, focused like lethal lasers. His shoulders rigid, his biceps flexing for the obvious fight about to come. On his chest, the skull necklace he always wears glows a brilliant green, almost as green as the grass in spring. I would hate for his laser eyes to be focused on me.

    Luckily, they are focused on the six angels standing in a triangle formation in my backyard. Their wings look like clouds, so white they almost hurt to look at. Their eyes are impassive and in their hands, swords the size of me lazily skim my grass. A powerful aura slides smoothly over them, making my back shiver in apprehension.

    I now see why Grim was so set on me not fighting an angel. It seems as if I were to get hit by a flying punch, it would kill me. Their biceps look to be bigger than my head, and their eyes are deep blue like stormy waters. The one thing that makes me really uncomfortable is they all look almost the exact same. Besides a different hair color, all the six angels staring into my room look like clones of each other. It's unnerving.

    "Cassiopeia Edwards," one angel speaks. HIs voice is firm with confidence, and lacking any emotion. In fact, he looks like a robot, a void of any sign he is actually alive. "Come with us now and there will be no harm done to you."

    I just look to Grim. Grim (aka the God of Death) just rolls his shoulders before lazily staring down at them. "There will be no harm whatsoever. She will not be going with you."

    "Do you suppose your words instill fear within us?" The lead angel asks. At least I suppose he is. He has a brand on his chest--his very bare chest. It looks like an upside-down water droplet with geometry lines running through it. It's utterly beautiful and so complex, I find myself admiring it as the intimidating talk continues.    

    "I don't suppose anything. Just your failure," Grim finishes, cockily rubbing a hand across his chest. He shows off the skull necklace. I don't know if the fear makes me imagine it, but I'm pretty sure the skull allows it's bony teeth to tilt upwards in a sinister smile. I take an involuntary step backward.