"Adrien!" Paon and Chatte called.

Adrien looked over at Chatte and he smiled softly, before looking over at Paon. There was a vague sense of familiarity that came with looking at the new heroine, until it struck. "M... Mama?"

Paon let out a choked sob, nodding. "Yes... It... It's mama." She whispered.

Adrien sucked in a sharp breath and he tried to go to his mother. To his mother, and his best friend, slash girlfriend, but he was held back.

"A-Adrien, what happened? You... You were supposed to stay with Master Fu!" Chatte spoke up, already getting ready to attack.

"W-Well, you see..." Adrien started.

"That old man, who is he? Why was Adrien left in his care?" Papillon demanded.

"Do you realize the extent of what you've done?" Volpina spoke up. "The boy lost is mother, he's been fighting akumas for years now. His world got taken, then he built a new one. And then, you took that world away too. Adrien has been the strongest boy I've known, and you broke him."

"I did it to bring back his mother–"

"And risking so many lives, Gabriel Agreste! You've sabotaged his friends, the only family the poor boy has!" Volpina shouted. "He was broken!"

"Master Fu was our safe house, to keep him safe. He was the one who knew what you had done with Ladybug's... my miraculous." Chatte said. "Where's Master Fu?"

"The old man wasn't to be found when we found Adrien. Adrien was standing in an outdoor garden on the outskirts of Paris, at a rundown massage parlor. We didn't bother searching the rest of the property, since Adrien was priority."  Aranea supplied.

Chatte sighed in relief.

"How do you think I felt when I connected the dots that my own son was Chat Noir? I've done everything to protect him, give him everything, give him the world. I tried to get Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous to make a better world for him. A world where his mother was back, a world where we could all be happy!" Papillon hit the floor with his cane, sending the butterflies in the air again. "I'm turning the world into a better place for him, and he was the one that was taking it away from me."

"Your world." Paon spoke up. "You've done nothing but cause pain and suffering to his friends and family. And Nooroo. To abuse his power... You don't deserve a miraculous."

Papillon let out a dark laugh, cupping his hand around the only butterfly that remained still in his palm, purple energy emitting from his hand and being absorbed into the small creature. "And you think I'm going to hand it over willingly? You might be here now, Emilie, but I didn't want you here under these circumstances." He removes his hand from over the newly made akuma and raises his hand up in the air. The akuma flies out of his hand and up into the room. "Now that I have the Miraculous of Destruction within my grasp, I won't be giving up so easily."

The akuma went to Adrien and Paon ran to him, but Aranea stepped in front of him, blocking her path. "One step closer, and the boy gets hurt."

"Gabriel, don't you even dare." Paon spat.

The akuma fluttered across the room now, and Chatte and Volpina attempted to catch it, to crush it, but it manages to evade their efforts. The akuma continues to fly across the room until it lowers down on the picture Paon had been holding before. The family portrait tinted purple and Adrien was shrouded in a purple shadow.