The rain

Ophelia and I started to meet each day and after a few weeks it felt as if we had never been apart. I spent nights laughing at her jokes and basking in her beauty. Ophelia helped me understand modern civilization and I became educated in things that I never knew existed. I had not saw Elijah in approximately three months and for this I was thankful. The darkness that consumed me started to evaporate and for the first time in centuries- I felt like myself.

I had come to the realization that someone was actively working to overthrow Elijah and until he figured out who it was, I may never be released from the castle. My dream was to go as far away from this place; this evil, evil place and travel around the world. I started to picture my life as my own and I knew I would do anything to escape my current hell.

I sat in the bath and watched bubbles crawl up my arm. My eyes instinctively closed as I felt the warmth caress my body. I sighed, feeling unusually sad tonight. Sometimes the weight of the world can lay heavy on one's mind. Through the quiet night- I heard my bedroom door open.

"I'm in the bath Ophie", I said. I knew I didn't need to yell as her hearing was immaculate. No one responded.

"Ophelia"? I called again. It wasn't like her to not respond. A sudden sickly feeling began to eat its way through my stomach- perhaps it wasn't her at all. My eyes stayed glued onto the bathroom door as I contemplated getting out of the bath.

I watched as the door handle turned and I held my imaginary breath as it begin to open. I first saw black combat boots- and then black cargo pants that clung to strong legs. I let my eyes skim up his body, for at this point I knew who it was, until they landed on this face. The water went cold suddenly.

The man in-front of me was Elijah- there was no doubt about that. His beauty suffocated me the moment he stepped into the room. Goose bumps begin to form on my arms; however, when I looked into his eyes. They were softer- and held an abundance of emotion that I couldn't quite recognize.

"What are you doing here", I whispered, almost afraid to say anything. I heard a nagging voice in my head chanting words I couldn't quite understand.

Elijah said nothing as he began to take steps closer to me. The bubbles hid my naked body but I still found myself covering my breasts with my arms. Elijah noticed this. He noticed everything I did- but how could he not with his stare boring into my soul.

He approached the bath and squatted down until we were inches apart. I drank in his sight, feeling oddly calm around him tonight. His hand slowly lifted and he brought his finger to my cheek. I fought against closing my eyes as he stroked my skin softly. I felt my face heat up for some unknown reason. My body was not in my control tonight. Elijah looked at my rosy cheeks and his eyes twinkled with amusement.

None of us spoke as he slipped his hand around the back of my neck and brought his lips to my cheek. I lost the battle with my eyes and closed them when I felt little sparks of pleasure ripple through my body. I sighed.

Elijah, at the sound of my sigh, removed his hand and stood once again. I couldn't take my eyes off him. He looked at me again, almost as if memorizing every part of me, and then turned and left the bathroom. I jumped when I heard my bedroom door slam.

I slowly came out of my daze and it it my hand on my chest, right Above my heart. What on earth was that? I wondered. I removed myself from my bath and put my silk pajamas on.

Just as I finished a knock sounded at my door. Still flustered, I looked in the peep hole before I opened it. Ophelia.

"Hi Ophie", I smiled at her as she walked into the room.

"Hi my girl!" She beamed. "I wanted to come invite you to my room for some tea".

"Of course, sister. Let me brush my hair and we shall go". I walked over to my vanity and tried to groom my wild locks. As I looked at Ophie through the mirror I suddenly had the urge to tell her about my weird encounter.

"Elijah was acting very sweet tonight", I casually stated. Ophelia's brows lined with confusion.

"Elijah has been in Rome since last week, Amelia".