Chapter 28

Your P.O.V

Light was whispering things to the baby while I laid back in bed letting him stroke my belly. "Are you a little boy or a girl?" He asked in a whisper. I smiled, it was cute seeing him be sweet like this.

A few weeks later (halfway through March) L asked us to meet him outside our room. Light and I got up to go face him, when we opened the door L looked a little sad. "I'm sorry for all of this, you two are free to leave if you wish," L said.

I felt a little bad for him because he's spent so much time on this case and he won't get anything now. But I couldn't help my face glowing with happiness, we could finally go home.

Light smiled too and we practically ran all the way home even though L offered us a ride back. We held hands while running and we were both out of breath by the time we reached the front door but we didn't care.

When we got in we sat down on the sofa relieved and still breathing a bit heavily. Light's mum and Sayu welcomed us home and made us dinner. I realised they were glancing at me every few seconds, why were they staring?

I suddenly realised they were looking at my belly, it wasn't massively noticeable but it was starting to get a bit big. Light took a deep breath, realising this was the time he had to share the news.

"Mum.. (Y/N) and I are going to have a baby," he said trying to speak with confidence. But his mum didn't care, she and Sayu squealed with excitement and hugged us both. "Don't worry, I'll tell your father," Mrs Yagami said.

That night felt weird being back in his room, good and bad memories came pouncing back at me. I thought about that night he kidnapped me.

"..Light?.."I said quietly. He sat down on the edge of his bed with me. "Yes my dear?" He replied. I paused then asked,"Why did you bring me here? I know you say you love me, but why? There are many more girls who are far prettier than me and we barely knew each other when you took me".

He held my hand then looked me in the eye and said,"I don't rate girls for prettiness and you are beautiful anyway. I know you didn't know me well, but I knew you well. Like I said before, I..um..stalked you".

I bit my lip then asked,"How long did you follow me then?". He waited for a moment then answered,"Before I took you, I liked you for over half a year". My eyes widened, I didn't know he liked me that long ago, those were the times I had a crush on him.

The next few days were slowly getting scary, Light was using his original notebook again. He hasn't got back the second notebook from Mikami yet because he was waiting for the perfect time to kill L.

Light started getting a little tense and aggressive, he'd spend most of his days writing criminals names down.

Today we were sat on the sofa in the living room, he was writing on a sheet of paper, no one else was in the house so he could do it here. He was scribbling away with the pen I gave him for his birthday, he kept muttering something to himself, his eyes concentrating on the paper.

"Um, Light?" I said. He didn't look at me but he answered,"What?". He was still writing. "Light I was just thinking..maybe we shouldn't kill L. He seems a nice guy just doing his job, he doesn't even suspect us anymore," I said fidgeting.

Light put his pen down to look at me, he looked confused and angry. "Why would you even suggest that? Who's side are you on?!" He yelled. I looked away a little scared. "Please don't shout at me,"I mumbled.

"Shut up!"he shouted. "Don't tell me what to do, I tell you what to do!" He said now standing up. "Get up,"he commanded me.

I stood up slowly still not looking him in the eye. "I want to kill L so you will want that too, you're to obey me you hear?! Don't you dare of even trying to switch sides, you're mine, my possession,"He said grabbing my wrist.

I tried to shake my hand free, so he slapped me on the face. "Stop hitting me!" I nearly screamed. I got out of his grasp and tried running up the stairs but he caught me by the ankle, making me fall on my face.

I sat on one step trying to sit up. "Shit," I mumbled holding my head. "Yes, and you deserved that too,"Light said climbing over me.

He pinned my arms down and kissed me on the lips, I tried moving away so he bit my bottom lip hard making me whimper. I then punched him in the face. I covered my mouth in shock, I've never hit him before. He pulled his face away from mine and held his hand to his nose which was now bleeding.

He stared at the blood on his own fingers then turned his gaze back to me. "How dare you,"he said, his eyes going red. He punched my arm hard making me cry. He stopped and stood up, staring down at me. His eyes turned back to brown but he was still a little angry.

I got up and he let me run away back down the stairs. I opened the back door and sat outside in the garden, I was still crying and holding my arm.

Light's P.O.V

I sit down on one step, putting my hands in my face. Why did I do that? I brought her here to protect her, yet I am the one hurting her. I don't know why I suddenly feel the need to do it, I really am crazy.