Chapter 22

Your P.O.V

The next day, we woke up early to get ready. Light told me to pack some clothes because L asked him to stay overnight since we'd be working there most the day. Well, we really knew he wanted us there to watch us.

Light explained to his mum about the task force and she felt proud for him, he didn't need to explain to his dad because he already knew what was going on.

Before we left to go to this address L gave us, I asked Light,"Hey, um..can we go to my parents house first?". Light nodded and followed me to my house. It has been just over two weeks since I've left, well, I didn't exactly leave of my own will. I remember the kidnapping of course. I tried to forget about that first day then knocked on my front door.

My mum answered it again, but this time with my dad standing with her. My dad glanced over to Light's direction, raising an eyebrow. Light held out his hand and they shook. He introduced himself like he did last time to my mum. It went a bit silent after a while, no one knew what to talk about.

"Anyway..I've just come to get a few things,"I said going up to my room. This time Light didn't follow me, my parents invited him into the living room to chat. I packed a few outfits and a toothbrush then got back downstairs to find them laughing together. They were getting along well.

"Oh (Y/N), you didn't tell us he's an A student too!" My mum said with glee. I shook my head disappointedly, why should they care about his grades? They should accept him for who he is. Light and I already agreed not to mention the whole pregnant thing just yet, we would wait a few months first.

After a quarter of an hour, Light and I stood up to leave. When we got outside Light wrapped an arm round my shoulder. "Well, your parents seem to like me,"he said smiling. I nodded and held his arm.

When we reached the task force building, we had to go into an elevator and go up many floors high. We eventually entered a large room, a few detectives working at their own desks, then the one sitting right at the end was  L.

He spun his chair round to face us,"Nice for you two to show up, let me show you around". He got out of his chair, still slouching, and gave us a tour.

When he was done he sat us down to start up a conversation. "I have to be straight with you two,"he began. "I'm sorry to say this but, I'm afraid you two are my suspects for the Kira case".

We pretended to be shocked and upset about it. "Ryuzaki, why on earth would you think we have anything to do with this?" Light asked folding his arms. L responded with,"Well, I've noticed ever since you took (Y/N) back to your home, there has been an increase in the killings. You've also got easy access to police information because of your family. I found it a little suspicious that (Y/N) felt suddenly ill when I bought up the whole 'accomplice' thing too".

Light tried to control his anger then he said,"Yes that sounds bad but I'm telling you, you've got the wrong person Ryuzaki. Wouldn't anyone feel uneasy talking about murder? Of course she'd feel sick with fear". He wrapped an arm round my own tightly.

"I don't think I'm wrong but I can't do anything anyway, there's no solid evidence yet,"L said. "Yet?" Light repeated. L nodded. "You can't possibly believe we're a part of this! You won't find any evidence because you're wrong," Light said tensing up.

L noticed a bit of his anger. "No need to get mad, simply a theory," L said sipping some coffee with a million sugar cubes placed on top. Light then stood up and shouted,"How are you gonna prove it then? Chain me up? Torture me? You're wrong Ryuzaki, how can we prove it?!".

L then stood up and replied,"Well since you insist". He then took out some handcuffs and chained his hand to Light's. Light huffed in annoyance. "I didn't mean literally," Light said.

"I'd still feel much better knowing where you are, besides this will decrease your suspicion," L said. Light crossed his arms then spat,"Fine".

I stared at both of them, how long would they have to be chained together? This could take ages. L then looked over at me and said,"Perhaps you should wear these too, I'm not sure I can trust you yet either".

Light's eyes widened then he placed one hand on L's shoulder firmly. "Leave her out of this!" Light said threateningly. "I'm sorry Light but if you want to be 100% free from suspicion then this is what we'll have to do," L said holding more handcuffs.

Light then punched L hard in the face, L stumbled backwards and fell to the ground, which dragged Light down with him. "That really hurt you know," L said holding one side of his face. "Then leave her alone,"Light said standing up. "I'm afraid you can't always get your way Light," L said.

L then kicked Light in the neck making him fall back too, I stood there watching a bit scared. They both stood up grabbing at each other's shirts, ready to make another punch. I got onto my feet and ran over to them screaming,"Stop it please!!". I was nearly crying when they suddenly let go of each other and calmed down.

They both looked down in shame and apologised at the same time, this will take a while to get used to.