Chapter 10

Your P.O.V

I woke up sweating, I had another nightmare. It was of L arresting me and Light. The bed felt oddly cold, I sat up realising Light wasn't in bed.

I rubbed my eyes, the time was 2:54. Light was at his desk scribbling away with his pen, how long has he been writing names?

"Light?" I whispered into the dark. He didn't answer, I could still hear the scratching sound of his pen. I got out of bed and walked over to him. I could hear him chuckling slightly, he was still writing when I poked him on the shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I ask. Still no reply. "Light..you need sleep, please come back to bed". He didn't budge. He was still writing when he finally said," I'll show L, he can't stop us".

I didn't try to persuade him further, I walked back to his bed and tried to go back to sleep.

I woke up yet again having another nightmare, Light was still at his desk. I started sobbing quietly, I was fed up with all these nightmares, it was starting to scare me.

Light realised I was awake then he heard me crying. He finally put his pen down and tip-toed over to the bed, where he took a proper look at me. He then frowned and got under the covers with me. He pulled me close into a hug and started whispering sweet things to calm me down.

He wiped away my tears with his thumb, then kissed my cheek. He seemed normal again, not like earlier when he was scribbling away in his notebook. I hugged him back and we stayed that way all night. I felt warm and cosy when we awoke in the morning, I didn't feel like getting out of bed, I wanted it to stay this way.

But the alarm was so annoying that we had to eventually detach our arms and get out of bed. It's Friday, finally, only one more day of school.

The first lesson we had with Ryuzaki was normal but he greeted me differently, he was looking at my neck. He raised an eyebrow when he noticed all the new hickeys Light gave me out of jealousy.

Light only smirked and pulled me closer, as if it were a victory. All the morning lessons seemed normal until Ryuzaki said to us," Light, (Y/N), would you two mind if I sat with you at lunch today? I would like to discuss something".

Light and I guessed right away that it would be about the Kira case, but we didn't mention that, we just accepted.

When lunch time came he followed us into the canteen and took a seat next to us. He was sitting oddly, his feet on the chair and resting his hands on his knees. He tried to sit like that as often as he could in classes.

He said after a while," I have a new theory for the Kira case. I believe that Kira now has an accomplice". He was now staring at me, trying to get a reaction out of me. He must know.

I could feel my heart beating fast and I tried to slow it down, breathing in and out slowly. He was still watching me, I think he knows I'm getting worried.

"So what's your opinion on this?" He asked still watching closely. I didn't know what to say. "U-um, I guess it could be right. Do you have an reason or evidence?" I asked trying not to stutter.

Light rubbed my back trying to soothe me, I was gonna ruin everything if I don't pull myself together. "Well, not solid evidence no. Just a hunch," he replied staring at both of us. He must know, he's saying this deliberately to see our reaction.

We end the conversation and start eating, I take a bite out of my sandwich and immediately feel sick. I sip some of my apple juice but that just makes me feel worse. I clutch my tummy while Light asks me what's wrong.

"Just feel a bit..sick," I whispered hunched over. Light gets up and steers me to the medical room leaving Ryuzaki at the table.

I threw up in a bowl then laid down on one of the spare beds, I was given a glass of cold water by one of the school nurses. Light stayed by my bed stroking my forehead.

Ryuzaki came in about ten minutes later, he walks over to me, hands in his pockets then says,"I hope you get well soon (Y/N)". Light glares at him then he leaves.

One of the nurses suggested I go home for the rest of the day, I looked over at Light for permission. He nodded his head and took out a spare key, he trusted me to be on my own now.

When I got to his house it felt so empty without him there, I laid on his bed and napped for hours still worrying about everything that has happened. Did I just raise suspicion on us?

Light returned home a few hours later, he sat on the edge of the bed and started stroking my hair. He then got up and left me to rest for a few hours.

He woke me up with a tray of food, it was tomato soup and some more water. He wrapped an extra blanket round me first, then he insisted on feeding me.

I felt babyish at first but I let him spoon it into my mouth. A bit of soup dribbled down my chin, I was embarrassed but he just laughed then leaned in and licked it off my face. I blushed but laughed a little too.