9➳Heaven

The truth runs wild
Like kids on concrete
Trying to sedate, my mind in its cage
And numb what I see
Awake, wide eyed
I'm screaming at me

*

"I like you. I like you a lot and I tried to forget about it, tried to ignore it, but I really, really like you. It's intoxicating and I'm always thinking about you. And you make me so happy all the time. Even when I'm not with you. And I want to be yours. I want to actually be yours. Officially. I'm sorry if this ruins our friendship, but I'm so insanely crazy about you."

Wade's staring up at me, eyes wide with an indeterminable emotion brewing behind.

Panic is starting to engulf me, the room is becoming too small and my breaths are coming too fast.

The apolgies are falling from my lips before I can stop them, stumbling over my words. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry. Please don't- don't let this ruin our friendship. Please. I can't-"

His thumb brushes over my bottom lip, stopping my shaky words. My eyes are welling with tears and I try to pull away from him, but his arm tightens around my back.

"I like you too, pumpkin," he whispers.

"You- what?" I splutter, mouth falling open in an o shape. Eyes darting back and forth between his.

He lets out a quiet laugh, adoration filling the noise. "I like you too, baby boy. I like you a lot."

"You... You do?" I ask, letting my shoulders relax again. Relief is flooding through my veins as he smiles up at me, thumb still tracing over my lip.

"I do. I really do. I always thought you liked your friend.. Gwen? Yeah, Gwen. I thought you liked her. I always kinda thought you saw me as a big brother or something," Wade says, eyes capturing mine. Beautiful blue orbs so full of adoration as he stares at me.

I can't seem to make my voice work again, his eyes making my whole body freeze and almost swoon towards him.

"You're so cute, baby boy," Wade coos, hand moving up and cupping my cheek instead, thumb brushing over my cheekbone. "All blushy and smiling."

This just makes me blush harder, leaning into his hand more. Humming quietly at the kind touch.

He smiles bigger, bringing his other hand up to cup my face as well, squishing my cheeks a little bit.

My lips immediately pucker for him, eyes falling shut in total submission for him.

I can feel his hot breath against my face and then his scarred lips pushing against mine.

I kiss back, anxiety disappearing as he moves his lips against mine, smiling into the kiss and making me smile too.

We're both smiling too much to continue kissing and Wade pulls away, blue eyes shimmering happily as he looks up at me.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" he asks, a child-like excitement lighting up his face.

I nod quickly, probably too enthusiastically, but it makes Wade smile brighter, pecking my lips again.