16➳Touch

Life is chances that are taken
But nothing's ever broken
They're just pieces on the ground
New hands need to build them
*
And I need you to trust
That I'm lost and we must
Get past all these rules
We must choose
To reach out and touch
*

Peter's POV

"We need to tell Tony," Wade suddenly says, eyes finding mine as he pauses the movie we had been watching.

"Tell him what?" I ask innocently, shifting to look up at him properly.

We're currently lying in my hospital bed, bodies curled into each other, watching movies. Mister Stark's been in and out of the room, busy with other stuff and Wade's asked for privacy. He hasn't questioned our cuddling at all, but I think he already has suspicions about us.

"About us. It's just going to make all of this more difficult if we're trying to hide a relationship too. Plus, it's torture for me, Petey! Being told I can't kiss you while Tony's in the room! It's insanity!" Wade exclaims dramatically, peppering kisses on my face to prove his point.

"I know... Do you think he'll be okay with it?" I ask nervously, eyes flickering to the doorway.

"Tony's not Jason," Wade says firmly, anger flashing behind his blue eyes. His arms tense around my waist with the words, as though he, alone, could protect me from everything bad in the world.

"He doesn't need to be Jason... I'm overthinking this, aren't I?" I murmur, twisting my fingers in his red hoodie to try to calm my nerves. I've already asked Tony what he thinks about everything and he told me he's fine with it. There's nothing indicating that he might be unhappy with me and Wade, but there's still this anxiety that weighs heavy in my chest.

"You are," Wade agrees, "But you're allowed to. C'mon, it'll be fine. Tony loves you like a son, Pumpkin. And I think he already likes me because I like you. It's going to be fine, but I think it would be good if we didn't have any secrets now."

"Why not? Can't we wait until all of this blows over?" I ask, almost whining childishly.

I know he's not peer-pressuring me. That's not what this is. With everything that's going on, I know I need Wade here with me and having to hide that from Tony would be hell to try. He's just trying to make all of this easier for me.

"This is going to be the easiest conversation of the day, baby boy. You know that. Might as well do it now," Wade replies quietly, pressing another kiss to my temple.

"I know," I sigh. I know I have to talk to Tony and Wade about everything that's been going on between me and Jason. I know I'll have to talk about May's death and about all the abuse, which is going to be worse than coming out to Tony.

"Let's go. Friday, where's Tony?" Wade asks, shifting into a sitting position and bringing me up with him.

"Boss is currently in the kitchen. He just requested your presence. I would like to remind you that after Peter got his stomach pumped, it's been asked by Doctor Banner that Peter not do anything strenuous for the next week," the robotic voice replies.

Wade's face lights up in a grin. "This is the perfect excuse for me to carry you everywhere!"

Without any sort of preparation, I'm scooped into Wade's arms bridal style.