20➳for him.

Final Chapter
You don't have to say I love you to say I love you
Forget all the shooting stars and all the silver moons
We've been making shades of purple out of red and blue
Sickeningly sweet like honey, don't need money
All I need is you
*

Wade sighs as he sits in the grass, a sad smile flickering across his face. Its been a long time since he's smiled a true smile.

He lays back against the damp grass, eyes lazily tracing the sky. There's fluffy white clouds passing slowly overhead in the bright sky. The sun hangs in the sky, barely above the trees, still on its way to the top of the sky.

He pulls at the grass, uprooting a few strands.

"I knew this would happen," he admits to the emptiness. "I knew that one day you'd die before me. That one day I'd have to move on without you. Being invincible and all."

He lets out a quiet laugh, kicking off his shoes.

"I knew that one day I'd have to say goodbye to the love of my life, that's you, in case you didn't know. We never said I love you and I think that'll be my second biggest regret, behind letting you walk out that night..."

Wade rolls his eyes half-heartedly.

"I miss you, pumpkin," Wade murmurs. "I miss you more than I've ever missed anyone or anything. You were the most important piece of my life since I was sixteen. You were the love of my life even if I do live forever."

He smiles sadly again, watching as a cloud shapes into a bunny before dispersing into nothingness.

"I don't know why you had to go," he says, blinking away the moisture in his eyes. "I don't know why you had to leave us. We were going to be everything for you. You never needed Jason. You had us..."

He sits up, pulling his legs up against his chest, resting his chin on his knees.

"Tony was going to adopt you and I was going to be your wonderful boyfriend and I was going to love you forever. When you graduated, I was going to get us an apartment together nearby whatever University you chose to go to. I was going to propose to you and I was going to marry you one day."

Wade lets out a sigh, watching the soft sway of the grass in the summer breeze. He tugs at the strands, ripping them from the ground and tossing them into the wind.

"I was going to marry you, Peter Parker. But you left me. You left me so early. You shouldn't have given up so soon. We could've helped you. We could've made all that pain go away... I need you back."

Wade blinks away the tears that continue to fill his eyes, but it's no use. They'll keep on coming no matter what he does.

It's hard to speak around the lump in his throat, but he has to continue.

"It's been months, Peter. Seven months exactly. Since... Since you died."

He takes a long breath in, wiping away his tears as they fall.

If Peter were here, everything would be different. Wade would be focusing on the wind in Peter's curls instead of on the grass. He'd be focusing on Peter's face and his bright smiles and his loud laughs and his rambles about anything and everything. He'd be focusing on Peter's hand gestures and the way he moves his whole body when he gets excited about things. He'd be begging Peter to see just how far he can shoot his webs. He'd be kissing Peter and hugging him and running his fingers through his hair and loving everything he does.