Chapter Twenty Six

*Monday During Lunch*

Joelle P.O.V

We were all at lunch and everyone was excited that Ross was back!

“So did you guys come up with a plan?” Jordan asked. “You’ll just have to wait and see.” I replied. “How’s Melody doing on the song?” Riker asked. “She still hasn’t come up with anything.” Jenna replied. 

“Oh well that sucks.” I said. “I think we should go in the band room and practice.” Riker said. “May I come?” I asked. “Of course you can babe! Do you guys want to come with us?” Riker asked. 

“Nah you guys go. I’ll stay here Katie and Jordan.” Jenna said. We all agreed and R5 and I left to go to the band room. 

Katie P.O.V

“So, how do you guys know that the football field isn’t school ground?” Jenna asked. “Well, our mom is a lawyer and we asked her to look into this situation and she gave us the legal documents stating that anyone is allowed to go on the field.” I said. 

“Wow. That’s some serious chiz.” Jenna said. “What is chiz anyway?” Jordan asked. “I have no idea. But Ryland thinks it’s some type of meat.” I replied. “Anyways I have to go to class so I’ll see you guys later at my house.” Jenna said. 

“Okay cool.” Jordan said. We waved Jenna bye and watched her leave. “Jordan, what really did happen when you and Ainsley were missing?” I asked. “Uh, I gotta go!” Jordan said.as he gathered his things.

“Wait Jordan!” I yelled. But I was too late. He had already left the cafeteria. 

Melody P.O.V

I was at home trying to write a song but I just couldn’t. It was too hard. I was trying to learn a melody on my guitar but then my dad knocked my bedroom door. 

“Come on in Dad.” I said. He came in and sat beside me. “Melody, I need to tell you something.” He said. “What is it?” “I know your not going to like this, but I don’t want you to perform at the Moonlight Jam.” He said. 

“Dad, don’t worry about it. My friends and I have a plan and I promise you that I won’t get into any kinds of trouble. It’ll be okay.” I said. “No, Melody you don’t understand.” He said. 

“Listen Dad I know you don’t want me to get in trouble but-” “No Melody. That is not what I’m trying to say.” My dad said interrupting me. “Then what are you trying to say?” 

“Melody I don’t want you to perform at all. You are forbidden to sing. I don’t want to here anything about music in this house!” He yelled. “But Dad the jam is Friday. I have to perform!” I said. 

“No your not! You are staying in this house and that is final! I do not want to hear anything about this music thing.” He yelled. “But Dad-” “Melody not one more word. My decision is final!” He yelled. 

I grabbed my song book. “Dad, I can’t just give up music! I write songs! Music is my life!” I yelled. My dad looked pissed. He snatched my songbook out of my hand. 

“Dad what are you doing?” I shouted. He started to open up my book and rip the pages out. “Dad! Stop!” I yelled. I tried to grab it from him but he was to strong. 

He pushed me on the bed and shut my door and locked it. I tried to open my door. 

“Dad why are you doing this?!?” I yelled. “Because I don’t want anything in the house involving music!” He yelled through the door. “You know what every since mom died you’ve been working all day and ignoring everything I do when it comes to music!” I yelled back. 

“You know what Melody your grounded!” He yelled. “What?” “You heard me. And I don’t want to hear anything about music ever again.” He yelled. I heard his footsteps stomp away down the hall and slam his door. 

What has gotten into my dad?