Chapter Six

*Next Day* 

Jenna P.O.V

It was an hour before school started and I went to Melody’s house with Joelle. I was surprised that she only lived a block away from me. I knocked on her door and she opened it. 

“Hey Melody. Ready to go?” I asked. She nodded and grabbed her stuff. “Okay, what’s wrong with you?” Joelle asked. “Nothing.” Melody answered. “Melody, c’mon we’re friends now. You can tell us anything!” I exclaimed. “Fine.” 

Melody told us everything that happened between Ross and her. “Oh My Gosh! He kissed you!” I yelled. “Yeah, but he regrets it. And I know he felt something in the kiss but he won’t admit it.” Melody replied. Joelle and I comforted her. 

“It doesn’t matter. He’s not worth it.” Joelle said. “Yeah, he isn’t. He is just another jerk.” I said. “Okay. let’s just change the subject. I don’t want to keep talking about this.” Melody said. We started walking and talking and then I remembered something important I had to tell them.

“OMG! Guys!” I shouted. “What?” They asked. “I have a boyfriend!” I exclaimed. “OMG Who? When? How?” Joelle asked. “It’s Rocky and we told each other how we felt and last night.” I answered. Melody and Joelle hugged me. “I’m so happy for you.” Melody said. 

We finally arrived to school and it got ready for first period. 

*Lunch*

Melody P.O.V

I couldn’t help but look over at Ross’ table. He’s been ignoring me the whole day. I don’t think he even said anything about our kiss to Jocelyn. Maybe I should.

“Guys I’ll be right back.” I said. “Where are you going?” Ryland asked. “I’m going to go and comfort your brother.” I said. “For what?” Rocky asked. “I’ll tell you later.” I said as I got up. 

I walked towards Jocelyn’s table and cleared my throat. She looked up at me and gave me a disgusted face. 

“Ew what do you want loser?” She scolded. “I didn’t come here for you Jocelyn. I came here for Ross.” I said as I glared at him. “Don’t worry I don’t think he would ever date a whore like you.” Jocelyn snickered. I looked at her and smiled. 

“Funny you say that because if he would never date me then why did he kiss me last night?” I asked. Her eyes widened. She looked at Ross and back at me. “Your lying. Ross would never kiss you. You might have diseases for all I know.” She said. “Really? Ross why don’t you tell her about how I’ve been tutoring you.” I said. 

He looked at me with hatred in his eyes. It hurt me a little but I needed to say the truth. 

“Has she been tutoring you?” Jocelyn asked him. “Baby, I’m not gonna lie to you. Yes she has been tutoring me but the kissing thing is a total lie.” He said. “No it isn’t Ross so stop denying it! You know you felt something special between us when we were kissing!” I shouted. I knew that the whole cafeteria heard me but I didn’t care at this point. 

“You kissed me! And I pushed you off. I only felt bad for you because you were crying!” He shouted. “No, Ross I didn’t make the first move, you did. So stop denying it!” I shouted back. He got up from his seat and came towards me. 

“You know what Melody. I don’t care about you. I never liked you! I only used you to get a good grade and thanks to you I do now. I don’t need you anymore! Your worthless. Your a nobody! Your probably the reason why your own mother died!” 

I felt my heart drop. I just stood there with tears falling from my eyes. I never been so hurt in my life. 

“Wow Ross. Your so hot when your mad. And as for you Melody your nothing but a worthless piece of garbage.” Jocelyn said as she glared at me. 

I was to humiliated. I ran out of the cafeteria.\

Rocky P.O.V

I was shocked by what just happened. I understand Ross changed but he would never stoop this low. I was so angry. I got up from my chair and walked towards Ross. Then I felt someone grab my arm. 

“Rocky, what are you doing?” Jenna said. “Baby, please. Just trust me.” I said. She nodded and released my arm. When I headed towards Ross he was kissing Jocelyn so I yanked him by his shirt and he fell onto the floor. 

“Dude what the hell?!?” He yelled. “You know Ross you may have changed but that doesn’t give you the right to act like your in control. And you know what I never thought I’d see this day of you not caring about your own family and friends. I’m done with you. And as for you Jocelyn I think you need to stop coloring on your face because it looks like a coloring book.” I said. I walked away back to my table and sat down. 

“Like A boss.” Katie said. We all laughed. “So what are we going to do about Melody? She’s practically heart broken.” Rydel said. “Let’s just give her some space and then we will talk to her.” Jordan said. We all agreed and returned to eating our food. 

Ross P.O.V

Rocky was right about me. I am changing. I don’t even know why I dated Jocelyn in the first place. But I just couldn’t stand how Melody was telling her our buisness. The school bell rang and we were off to our next class. Math.

I walked into the math room and sat down in my seat. I didn’t see Melody the whole period. I was starting to get worried. 

It was now science and Melody was finally here. Today we had to dissect frogs which I think is pretty awesome. I knew this was going to be awkward because Melody was my partner. 

We headed towards the lab table and I got the supplies we needed. I settled them down and looked the frog. She grabbed a small knife and started to cut open the frog. This couldn’t get anymore awkward. 

As usual we were the first ones done and we had extra time to talk, but I don’t see that working out. 

Melody was playing with her thumbs. I noticed that she only does that when she’s nervous or sad. I’m guessing she’s feeling both. 

“I never meant to hurt you. What I said earlier I was only trying to make Jocelyn not break up with me.” I said. She was still looking down and I noticed a tear falling onto the disected frog. 

“Melody. I’m sorry.” I said. “I don’t ever want to talk to you. And as for the tutoring that’s over and done with. You said loud and clear Ross. You only used me and I will never mean anything to you. I’m just worthless.” She said still looking down. 

“But Melody-” I was interrupted by the school bell. Melody dashed out of the room. I can’t believe I broke her heart.