Chapter Fourteen

Riker P.O.V

Joelle and I cam home and I unlocked my front door to where I found Ryland and Katie…kissing?

“Ahem.” I pretended to clear my throat. They stopped kissing and looked up at me and blushed. Ryland and Katie both stood up. 

“Uh, Riker this is my new girlfriend. Katie.” He said. “OMG OMG OMG! THAT’S SO ADORABLE!” Joelle yelled. We all laughed and then she came in through the door. 

She walked passed me but I grabbed her arm. 

“Where were you?!?” I asked. “None of your business.” She said. “Rydel! Where were you?!?” I repeated. “I just said none of your business!” She yanked her arm away from me and ran upstairs. 

She has changed too much. 

Rydel P.O.V

I felt bad at what I did with Riker, but I had too. You would think I would be able to act like myself at home,but it turns out Kali house is right behind mine. 

Tonight was the worst night of my life. I just saw Jocelyn force Jordan into the cabin. It was my punishment since Melody had her book. If I screwed up again Jordan would get killed. I needed to write a new song by Monday and If I did Jocelyn would release Jordan. But how? I’m terrible at writing songs. If I wanted to write a song there was only one person who could help me. 

Rocky…

*Next Day* 

Melody P.O.V

Ross slept over my house last night, but when I woke upI didn’t see him. I got up from my bed and brushed my teeth and took a shower. When I finished getting dressed I walked downstairs to find my dad and Ross talking. 

“Oh hey honey!” My dad said as he kissed my forehead. “Uh hi Dad. I thought you weren’t supposed to be back until tomorrow.” I said. “Well, I got off of work early and I won’t go back until Thursday.” He replied. “Well, I’m going to go shower.” Ross said. 

He left and went upstairs. 

“I like him. He’s a keeper. And I’m sure your mother would like him too.” My dad said. “Really?” I said. “Yes. And usually I don’t tolerate you dating any boys but the minute that Ross said he loved hockey we became instant friends. I wonder if his father likes hockey as well.” My dad said. 

“I don’t know if he does. Ross’ parents were in Colorado to check up on their family ever since the shooting. But I do believe that they are coming back tonight!” I said. “Great! We’ll have them over for dinner. And you can bring an extra friend if you want.”

“Thank you dad! I love you!” I cheered. I gave him a big hug and ran upstairs. I opened my room door and I was shocked by the fact that Ross was only in his boxers.

“Enjoying the view?” He asked. “Yes I am. I’m enjoying it very much.” I replied. He laughed and walked towards me.  He wrapped his arms around my waist.

“So does your dad like me?” He asked. “My dad Loves you!” I exclaimed. He chuckled. “Good then.” He leaned in and kissed my lips. I pulled away. “Hey!” He whined. “I’m sorry. But My dad wants to know if your family can come over for dinner tonight.” I said. “Of course they can come over!” He exclaimed.

“Good!” I said. “Now let me kiss you because I wasn’t done.” He said. “Take a shower first and then I’ll think about it.” I said. He rolled his eyes and pecked my lips. “Fine.” He said. He walked out of the room and into the bathroom. 

Oh Gosh I love him.

Katie P.O.V

Jordan still never came home. I was starting to get worried but Jordan usually when Jordan says he needs to take a walk he goes in the tree house in our backyard. 

“Hey mom.” I said as I walked in the kitchen. “Hey bud. How’s it going?” She asked. “Well, I did get a boyfriend!” I said. She looked at me and was smiling from ear to ear. She congratulated me. 

*Dinner at Melody’s*

The whole Lynch clan was here including their parents! I was so happy to finally meet them. I also invited Jenna. I thought she needed to get something off of her mind. We all talked and got to know each more. The parents stayed inside the house and we teens went outside. 

We sat down around my pool talking about Ainsley. I could tell Rydel looked very uncomfortable about something. 

“I’m going to go to the bathroom.” Rydel said. “Okay. We’ll just be out here.”  I said. She rolled her eyes at me and walked inside my house. 

“She’s hiding something.” Riker said. “What do you mean? We already know what she’s hiding.” Rocky said. “No, Rocky you don’t get it. Rydel is keeping something hidden from us.” Riker said. “How do you know?” I asked. “Last night she came home late and I asked her where she was but she said it was none of my business.” Riker replied. 

“And that makes it as if she’s hiding something?” Rocky asked. “Yes it does.” He replied. “Guys, Rydel isn’t a bad person. Jocelyn is making her become one.” Ross said. Riker was about to say something until Rydel came back. 

Rocky P.O.V

When Rydel came back we were all silent. When she sat down I noticed scars on her wrists. I looked at her worried and she quickly covered her wrists with her sleeves. 

“So do you guys want to play a game?” Melody asked. “Sure! How about Sleeping Queens?” Jenna asked. “Of course!” Melody exclaimed. 

“Sleeping Queens are for losers and annoying little kids.” Rydel said. “Funny you say that because you used to play that game with us before you turned into this!” Riker yelled. “Turn into what? Myself?” Rydel asked. “Rydel this isn’t you! Ever since you’ve been hanging out with Jocelyn you’ve been acting like an ass!” Riker yelled. 

Rydel went up to him and slapped him across the face. Hard. Before Riker could do anything I grabbed Rydel by her arm and rushed her inside. 

“We’re going for a walk we’ll be right back!” I yelled. I shut the door and I dragged Rydel away from the house. 

“What the hell was that Rydel?!?” I yelled. “Rocky, please not now.” She said. “Not now?!? So when Rydel? When can I get my sister back?!?” I yelled. “Rocky, I’m sorry. But I wish I could tell you.” “Why can’t you tell me?” I asked. “Not now. Not here. I just need your help.” She pleaded. 

“Help? Help with what?” I asked. “I need help. I need you to write me a song.” 

Riker P.O.V

I was sitting in Melody’s living room with an Ice pack on my cheek. I can’t believe my own sister slapped me. 

“So Riker what happened to your face?” My mom asked. “Oh Rydel-” “Accidently hit Riker. She was so excited that we were gonna play Sleeping Queens and she swung her arms and hit Riker.” Melody said as she interrupted Ryland. 

“Uh, yeah that’s what happened.” I said. Our parents nodded and headed back to the dining room. 

“Why’d you lie?” Ross asked. “Because, even though Rydel is being a brat you guys still love her and we all know that it’s not her it Jocelyn.” Melody said. 

Melody was right? I do love Rydel. I just can’t stand the way she’s acting. 

Rydel P.O.V

“I’ll help you write the song if you tell me why you need my help?” Rocky said. How am I suppose to tell him? “Rocky please. I can’t tell you. If I do one of you might get hurt. Rocky just please help me.” 

“Fine. I’ll help you. But I want you too tell me afterwards.” He said. I hugged him. “Thank you!” I said. We got back to Melody’s house just in time for us to leave. 

We finally arrived at my house and Rocky and I worked on the song together.