‘WE DID NOT HAVE SEX!’

‘Wow, that’s nice to know sugar.’

I banged my head against the kitchen top at Dad’s reply and Harry sniggered at me. Giving him the stink eye I grabbed my bag and stalked out. Mum and Dad called a set of au revoir’s after me. Vic however, did the smart thing and followed me, not before saying ‘Shit, I gotta fix that’ to my parents. They laughed at him and served Vic some delicious pancakes.

I began walking down the footpath to school. It was already 1, so the heat was a little more than I was used to, especially after our weekend get away. A horn blared at my side, making me jump high in the air and clutch my chest in fright. Vic sat in the front in a grey and blue checked shirt and jeans. He had Ray Bans on and he honestly could not look hotter if he tried. 

‘Get in Love.’

‘No.’

‘Bubbles. Dont make me come there and get you.’

He warned reverently. Contemplating my options, I ended up getting in the car, slamming the door a little harder than necessary. 

‘Hey! Don’t take it out on my baby.’

For some reason, I just got more annoyed at that. I was feeling....jealous. 

Great, I thought, I’m going crazy now. I’m jealous of a freaking car!

Suddenly I felt a hand over mine. I looked down to see Vic’s big hand covering mine.

‘Bubbles, sorry. I was joking, I didn’t mean to upset you. Forgive me Love?’

I looked at his earnest eyes that darted in between me and the road. I shook my head and said,

‘Sorry. I don’t know what’s gotten into me. After last night and all....I just wanted your comfort, not your teasing.’

When I had mentioned ‘last night’, Vic stiffened considerably and when I mentioned his ‘comfort not his teasing’ he relaxed once again.

‘Sorry babe. I promise, it won’t happen again ok.’

‘Yeah okay. And Vic...you do know that I want to go all the way with you? Maybe not today. But definitely one day. And I wanted to say thank you for not giving into my..uh, begging.’

He laughed and my cheeks went a scarlet red color as I flushed and looked away from him, towards the window.

‘I know Bubbles. I don’t mind waiting. I have you. It’s all I need.’ With that he bought my hand up to his lips and delicately kissed each of my fingers.

‘And your welcome. Personally I think your pleading is pretty adorable...well, and incredibly kinky. Dont worry babe, when we do go all the way, I’ll make you beg exactly the same way.’

He winked at me and I hit his chest, blushing furiously and purposefully looking at the bottom of the car. 

*************************************

Needless to say, the entire school day was nothing but a bore. After our weekend getaway everything just seemed dull in comparison. People constantly questioned us about our trip and Adrian and Sean were desperate for any information on the ‘hot chicks’ I had seen there. I had bluntly informed them that I didn’t pay attention to what they looked like, much less what their names or numbers would have been. We were tanned and tired and very much hungover, all of us just dying to get home and sleep the day away. Al, however, had other plans in mind.