Chapter 18-Trust

“There are guys who grow up thinking they'll settle down some distant time in the future, and there are guys who are ready for marriage as soon as they meet the right person. The former bore me, mainly because they're pathetic; and the latter, frankly are hard to find.” 

-Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song

Chapter 18-Trust

Chelsea’s POV

The next time I got up I was safely tucked in, and in the comfort of my own bed. Vic took up the space beside me, on the ground that is. I laughed quietly in my head, I don’t think Mum and Dad would have taken kindly to him sleeping on the bed with me. Switching on my phone, I was attacked by 26 messages and 30 calls that completely filled my log.
All, of course, from Nick.

I didn’t know if I wanted to talk to him yet. I mean, what he did was pretty much unacceptable-not to sound like a mother. I guess he was drunk and acting on past feelings and all that bull crap, but still. He had no right. And he hurt me. With that thought I glanced down at my arm to see a light purple bruise. Geez, Vic is not gonna take that calmly. 

Flipping through Nick’s messages I saw that most of them consisted of ‘I’m really sorry’’s and ‘I was drunk and didn’t know what I was doing, forgive me?’. I snorted, an un lady like sound, not likely I mused.
Stretching my hands and legs like a cat, I got off bed and tip toed to the bathroom, past a heavily sprawled sleeper by the name of Vic. I stripped of my clothes and stepped into the shower in nothing but my birthday suit. While I was halfway scrubbing the life out of my body, being careful not to further hurt my arms, there was a knock on the door, a couple of knock’s to be precise. 

‘Knock Knock.’ 

I laughed at Vic’s child-ish-ness. His voice was husky and it sounded oddly sexy on him, it was like his own personal morning voice.

‘Who’s there?’ 

I answered in a sing-song voice. Playing along. I could practically see him shake his head and chuckle while saying,

‘Ivana.’ 

Whhhaattt? 

‘Ivana who?’

‘Ivana do naughty things to you. Now get out Chels. I need a nice bath. I feel like shit.’

I burst out laughing in the shower and slipped, falling on my butt. I let out a scream and not a second later Vic explodes through the door without permission, looking around frantically for what could have hurt me.

I laugh at his expression and his eyes caught mine. He took in the site of me and gulped audibly. Turning around he stalked out muttering something along the line of ‘Great. I need a cold shower now.’ Giggling at him I resume my bath. Once I was done I put on some comfy jeans and a black and white skinny with a grey jacket. Applying some powder to cover my sleep deprived eyes and putting on some eyeliner, I bounce downstairs to be assaulted by the smell of pancakes and chocolate syrup. 

Mum saw me and smiled brightly before making her way over to kiss me on the side of my head.

‘Oh honey I missed you! How was the trip? Tell me everything! Did you use protection?’

I groaned. Oh god! Does she have to be like this!

‘Dont worry Mrs.P, we did. And so did Harry if that makes you feel better.’

I turned around and glared at Vic who was leisurely making his way down the stairs. He smiled boy-ish-ly and Mum laughed whole heartedly. I turned back and shouted at the top of my voice,