Chapter 7- The Fire

I laid fast asleep until I felt something grab at my hair. I looked up to see my older brother Dally.

I jumped up as fast as I could, almost tripping on my own two feet, and hugged him as tight as possibly. I wrapped my arms around his torso, and he hugged back. But instead he crushed me. But I didn't care. He was here with me, and that's all that mattered.

"Your hair man." Dally laughed, pulling at my VERY blonde strands of hair.

"I know I look lousy. Don't rub it in." I demanded pulling away from him.

"I missed you man." He smirked.

"I missed you to Dally." I beamed in return. He then silently walked over to the still sleeping Ponyboy and Johnny, and woke them up the same way. With a scare.

"Hey blondie." Dally laughed, pulling at Pony's hair.

"Hey-a Dal',"Pony yawned. "How've you been.

"Good. But I've been better." He acknowledged, but focusing his attention on Johnny.
"Hey Johnny. Rise and shine." He called, kicking at the warn down bench Johnny was sleeping on. And within a second he was up too.

"How's Soda doin'?"
"Are the fuzz after us?"
"Is he pretty upset?"
"Have you heard anything?" All these questions flooded the room more than once. It just made me giggle under my breath.

"One at a time, you guys-a hungry? I'm starvin." Dally asked walking closer to me.

"Your starvin' ?" I exclaimed. "I barley ate anything these last four days. I could eat a horse!"

"Yeah I can tell. You all look to thin for comfort. And Kerri man, you look as white as a ghost." He chuckled pulling me into a hug. I laid my head in his chest, and listened to his excited heartbeat.

"Yeah yeah. I know, but I barely went outside." I sighed pulling deeper into the hug. Soon I let go, and just stood by his side.

"Hey you got a cancer stick Johnny?" Dally asked loudly. Johnny pulled one out of his pocket, and handed it to Dally. For some odd reason I was craving one too. Again.

"Hey Dal' can I take a drag real quick?" I begged quickly. He simply nodded and handed me the thing.

"You never smoke. Did I miss somethin'?" He laughed. I blew out the smoke, and handed the cig back to him.

"Nah. I'm just gettin to use to the idea, that's all." I lied. To be 100% honest, I think the real reason is stress or worry, but I couldn't tell Dally that. He couldn't care, nevertheless get it.

"Dal' whats goin' on with the cops man? You hear anything?" Johnny stammered.

"Yeah. I got hauled in." He laughed. "They know me to well by now. They got something out of me. I told them you three where in Texas." Now that made me laugh. Dally soon joined me.

"Now I can really tell you two are siblings," Pony chuckled. "your laughs practically the same."

"Aw man. I have the same laugh as this dork?" I joked punching Dally in the arm.

"Hey! At least I'm not the extra blonde on here." He fired back jokingly, emphasizing the extra. He then turned to Pony "look at this guy with his hair man, I still can't believe that."

"I know I look lousy. But don't rub it in." Pony demanded, walking away. We soon followed.

"You wanna gat something to eat?" Dally called. Just saying eat, made me even hungrier.