Chapter 3- The drive-in

Dally wasn't real fond of the idea of me going to the drive-in, due to the fact that... I'm me. But Johnny insisted I go, and that it wouldn't be the same without me. And being that it's coming from Johnny, Dally couldn't help but give in. So when it came the time to go, all four of us headed over to the drive-in.

The walk was long, and cold. But it wasn't to long before we saw the large lights coming from the big screen. I began to walk up to the ticket booth, while the other three boys walked around. I ran up to them, highly confused.

"Guys aren't we gonna pay? The ticket booths over there." I pointed To The direction of it, but they silently ignored .

"Guys!" I raised my voice. Dallas freaking Winston just put his hand over my mouth, indicating me to just shut my trap.  And so I did.

We got to a fence, and they started to crawl under it. No way am I doing that. I'd never fit.

"Nope. Not gonna happen." I said, crossing my arms. Dallas only looked enraged.

"Come on Kerri. You kinda have too man. Just get it over with." I was just debating at this point. Make him mad and not do it. Or bribe him to make me do it. Bribing sounds like more fun.

"Bribe me."

"What?" Dallas asked, still ticked off.

"You heard me Dally bribe me." I replied with that Winston smirk.

"Just do it man, come on. Just bribe her." Johnny stepped in.

"Fine. 4 cancer sticks." Dally said firmly.

I hate smoking. I can't stand it. It practically kills you from the inside out. But I only smoked when I really wanted to look cool, to scare off any guy or soc who I found... questionable.

"Deal."

"Finally man. Gosh aren't you stubborn Kerri. Man I reckon you get your stubbornness from me." Dally joked, helping me through the fences opening, and giving me the four cigs.

They began walking, fast and cool, like they owned the place. Which I reckon they probably did. So I joined in. But when I did, I got more looks from guys than I ever did before. It lowered my self confidence, but I still walked strongly.

"What is a hot broad like you hanging around those GREASERS?" A Soc yelled. He made a whistling noice, and that did it for me.

Ponyboy and Johnny could see I was uncomfortable, Dallas just kept strutting.

"You okay Kerri?" Pony asked walking at my pace.

"Yup. Just those remarks, boy do they lower self confidence." I chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of my neck.

"It'll be okay, man they don't know what there talking about. There just the South side Soc. Idiots." Johnny stepped in.

But by the time he said that, we were standing in front of seats that faced the movie screen. Dally quickly sat down and lit his cigarette. Making me gag. But I so willing sat down next to him, but I also sat next to Ponyboy.

Not even a minute after we sat down, 2 Socs, girl Socs, sat down in the seats in front of us. Dally seemed intrigued by one of the girls.

She was a red haired girl, and man was she pretty. Way prettier than me. Her lips were very full, and she had gorgeous eyes. They gave off a sparkle in the moonlight. No wonder Dally seemed so interested in her. But he treated her differently than I expected.

"Some cute red head huh?" Dally said getting up in her face, his smoke hit her.

"Are you a real red head? Is that your real hair?" Dally said getting, touchy, with her. His hands were all over her face.