Chapter 5- The Church on Jay moutain

Dally gave us a plan. A very thought out plan.

We had to take the 3:15 train to Windrixville. And in Windrixville there was an old abandoned church, that we could stay at until further notice. We had to get a weeks supply of food, and we couldn't be seen. He gave us a gun and $50.

We were on the train, and were headed for Windrixville. I fell asleep after about 5 minutes on the train. I was exhausted.

I woke up rudely to a crash, scrambled to my feet, and made sure nobody else died. I only saw Johnny. He was standing next to the train door.

"Hey Johnnycakes." I whispered, walking closer to him. I placed my hand on his jean jacket and stood next to him.

"Hey Kerri. How'd you sleep?" He asked nicely with a smile.

"Other than me waking up to a crash, it was pretty decent... I guess," I chuckled. "How'd you sleep Johnnycakes?"

"Oh... well I didn't. I was making sure we weren't going to miss our stop." He sighed.

"Johnny!" I groaned jokingly, putting both of my hands on his shoulders and shaking him. He laughed, cracking a large smile on my face.

"Gosh Kerri." Johnny blushed, rubbing the back of his neck. "We better be quiet. Pony's still asleep." He whispered now, still with a small smile plastered on his young face.

"No I'm not." Pony groaned loudly. "At least not anymore." He got up, stretched, and walked over to us.

"How'd you sleep pony?" I asked nicely.

"Just dandy." He chuckled sarcastically. "Johnnycake, are we almost to there?" Pony asked eagerly. Johnny paused for a minute, earning a VERY confused look from Ponyboy, and a chuckle from me. He looked cute when he concentrated.

"Yeah Pony... we're almost there." He said looking out the train door. "When I say jump Kerri, your gonna jump in the grass. Ok?" He told me sternly.

"Are you crazy?!" Pony and I said in unison.

"Ready... Jump!" Johnny yelled. I hesitated but jumped anyway.

My body hit the hard ground. And oh boy did it ache. I felt like I was going to cry. My body wanted me to, but my mind knew I couldn't. Tough people don't cry. At least that's what Dallas told me once. That was one of the last things he said to me before he left.

Anyway, I felt something hit the ground next to me. I quickly looked over to see who the victim was. To my surprise Ponyboy fell right on top of Johnny.  I got to my feet quickly, wiped the dirt away, and walked over to the two boys. I held my hand out for Pony.

"Thanks, but I'm okay Kerri." Pony said with a grin on his face, I could tell he was in pain. But Johnny looked worse.

"You okay Johnnycakes?" I asked sweetly, holding out my hand once again. He took it.

"Yeah I guess. But it looked like it hurt way more when you hit the ground, you okay?" He asked as he stood up. I simply shook my head yes with a big grin in my face. And just like that, we quickly continued on our way to the old abandoned church Dally was talking about.

We had walked for a couple hours, and it got to the point where we didn't know were to go. We then saw two men working in a field.

"Go ask them where Jay mountain is." Johnny said to Pony.

"Me? Now why can't you ask?" He asked annoyed.

"Well you did fall on me Pony. I'm sore." Johnny answered, rubbing his back.

"Why can't Kerr-" I didn't even let him finish his sentence. "FINE. I'll go ask." I yelled to him. He looked surprised, but then gave me a sympathetic smile afterwards.

"Babies." I whispered under my breath as I walked closer to the men. When I finally approached them, they looked at me all funny. I gave them a simple smile.

"Can you possibly tell me where Jay mountain is?" I asked in an adolescent voice. It freaked me out. I sounded dumb.

"Now why are you all the way out here?" One of the men asked me.

"Me and my brothers are playing army. One of them is hurt, and Jay mountain is headquarters, we have to get him there before it's to late." I lied, showing him Johnny and Ponyboy for proof.

"Now how old are you?" He asked nicely with a smile.

"10." I said simply. I've always looked young. I got easily mistaken for a child when I was 13. It annoyed me, but it worked well in some situations. This being one of them.

"Well okay, you see those hill back there? That's Jay mountain." The man said. I said thank you, and made my way back to Pony and Johnny.

"So Kerri, where do we go?" Johnny asked stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"The man said to go that way." I replied pointing at a few hills in the opposite direction. They nodded and we started walking.

After a while of walking, talking, and just plain goofing off, we saw the boarded up Church. We walked up to it, and started pulling the boards off. That was the easy part. The not so easy part was when we got inside.

It was extremely dusty. And cobwebs laid everywhere. It would definitely take a while for me to get used to it. But I could tell Johnny and Ponyboy didn't care at all. Since they fell right asleep on a ledge in the back of the church.

And soon enough, sleep fell over me too.

A/n:
I don't know if I like this Chapter very much. But I'm excited for the next one. I hope you guys liked this!
Stay Gold !