Chapter 4- You killed him

The wind was rushing every which way, waking me up in an instant. Thunder roared from miles away, but it crashed down, making my heart skip a beat. Pony and Johnny were awake too.

"What time is it?" Pony groaned.

"I don't know man. I fell asleep too. So did Kerri." Johnny replied rubbing his eyes.

"You better get home Pony." I said. Johnny shook his head in agreement and laid back down.

"Kerri you going home to?" Pony asked getting up.

"What home? I don't even have the slightest clue where Dally is." I replied.

And it's true. He didn't even introduce me to a home he so willingly said he had in his letter. It kinda disappointed me. Though I know my brother. He gets what he wants, and doesn't stop till he'll get it. In my case he lied to get me back.

"Come on to my house," he instructed. I just did as I was told. "What's Darry gonna say?" He groaned.

We began to run, and it felt good. All I could hear at the moment was Pony and I's feet hitting the ground, echoing into the darkness.

We stopped at a somewhat familiar house, opened the gate, and quietly made our way up the porch and into the house.

Pony opened the door and within a second Darry shot up from the chair he was sitting on and began to yell at Pony and I.

"Where the hell have you two been?" He yelled. I looked down while Pony stood up tall. "Well it's 2 o'clock in the mornin' kids." He continued.

"Hey you two, where've you been." Sodapop asked from the coach.

"We fell asleep in the lot." I said quietly.

"You what?" Darry yelled.

"We were talking to Johnny and we fell asleep in the lot." I repeated a little louder.

"Look Dar' we didn't mean to." Pony said backing me up.

"Pony, Kerri, lets go to bed now." Sodapop demanded cooley.

"He said we didn't mean to." I quickly spoke.

"I CAN NOW SEE THAT YOUR DALLYS SISTER. I WOULD EXPECT THIS FROM DALLY, I DIDN'T KNOW I SHOULD EXPECT THIS FROM YOU!" Darry shouted at me.

"Don't you yell at her!" Pony yelled back. Darry hit him across the face.

"Ponyboy, I-I didn't mean to." Darry said frantically. Pony scrambled to his feet, grabbed my hand, and booked it out the door.

We ran and ran until we eventually reached the lot. Johnny was peacefully asleep, but that didn't last long. It was raining now, and Ponyboy slipped and fell on Johnny. Awakening him in the rudest way possible. I just rolled with it.

"Come on Johnny where runnin' away!" Pony yelled. Johnny didn't ask any questions. Or say anything for that matter. We all ran the way Pony was running, and that's that.

We stopped  for a minute, Pony pulled out a cigarette probably to calm his nerves. Johnny finally talked.

"Come on Pony. Take it easy man. What happened?"