Ch. 40

"Hi, I'm here to see Lauren."

"Uhh she'a kinda busy right now I don't know if..." I turned to look at the top of the stairs when I heard Lauren singing to Emily while she walked down the stairs.

"Up above the world so high like a-" Lauren stopped singing when she looked up to see who was at the door.

"What are you doing here?" She said with a straight face.

"Laur can we can talk." She said still standing at the door. Lauren sighed and passed Emily to me. Lauren turned and walked to the family room with her following behind.

I walked up to my room to give them some privacy.

Lauren's POV

"So how you been?" She asked me once we sat down on the couch.

"Normani why are you here?" I got right to the point

"Lauren please, listen I'm sorry about all of this I already said I'm sorry like three years ago. Why can't you just forget it?"

"Normani you hooked up with my girlfriend. You. My 'bestfriend' went behind my back. Normani you new exactly how I felt about her. But you still lied to me!" I'm done with this. With both of them.

"Laure please I never li-"

"No! Just get out of my house!" I stood and tugged on her arm dragging her to the door.

"LAUREN PLEASE!" She pulled back her arm turning me around. I was mad. I wanted her out before I did anything worst to her. I held in my anger by making a fist, I tightened it making them shake.

"NORMANI JUST-"

"NO! LAUREN I WON'T LEAVE!" She yelled out. Back in high school whenever Normani got mad, she would go all out punching the first person she would see. We were scared whenever she got mad. But right now I have my two little ladies upstairs, and I feel like punching someone too.

I closed my eyes and breathed in and out to calm myself down. "Normani. Just leave. I don't want to hurt you."

"Lauren, I never lied to you. I never went behind your back to be with Ally. It all just....kinda happened. Can you just let me explain." I sighed I nodded and went back into the family room. I still think she's lying but I deserve to know what really happened. Three years is long enough.

"Ok, remember Junior year when we we planned to go to the beach but i couldn't go?" Oh yes I remember Ally couldn't go either. Is she going to tell me they had sex?

"Well I didn't go because I had a group meeting at church. I saw Ally there and since she was the only one I knew I sat next to her." I nodded. Where is she going with this?

"We did some trust exercises and meanwhile we talked. I didn't know her that well and I thought 'she's my best friend's girlfriend I should get to know her better' and I did" And then they had sex?

"We found out we had a lot in common. She said she had more in common with me then with...you." Then they had sex?

"Normani where are you going with this. She cheated. That's all I need to know." I was getting up but she stopped me tugging my arm down.

"Lauren" I sighed at sat back down not really wanting to hear this story any more.

"We started hanging out...a lot. And we slowly fell in love with eachother. I felt so bad because you were my best friend. When we told each other our true feelings, I told her how I felt like we were betraying you. She said she was going to breakup with you. I believed her. But she never did. I waited for two months, but still nothing. I told her whatever we had would never work since she was still with you."

Now I remember. Ally became distant, we didn't hanging as much, and it hurt. I thought it was just because she was on her monthly or something.

"Lauren I never wanted you to get hurt. The only reason I did it was because I was really in love with Ally. You would always how you thought you were falling for her but Lauren I was in love with ......and I still am." I stared at the floor letting it all sink in. I thought by now I would be freaking out and cursing her out but I'm actually pretty calm. I don't love her anymore. I do feel betrayed but I have Camila and Emily now. And honestly I feel something for Camila that I never felt for Ally.

That was then and this is now. Camila is my now. And my future and everything else.

I sighed, if Normani really loves Ally then I guess I shouldn't freakout about it. She did say she never wanted to hurt me.

"Lauren I'm sorry. I really am. I know we can't go back to being the best of friends but can you at least forgive me?"

I stayed quiet for a bit. I don't know if I could, those two really hurt me. Those days I felt so depressed and worthless thinking I wasn't good enough for anybody. I thought they took advantage of me so I changed my image. At first I got one tattoo because I thought it was cool. But I them tattooed myself even more trying to hide who I really was. Kinda protecting myself from people that just wanted to hurt me.

Normani stared at me with pleading eyes wanting to know if she was forgiven or not.

"Normani I don't know. Right now I'm just..." I sighed I don't know what I am. Confused?

"Look you don't have to if you don't want to. I just wanted to let you now how things really happened." She got up straightening out her blouse.

"Normani, I want to forgive you, but I don't know if I should. I need time."

She nodded and walked towards the door. "Well we're here till Friday. When ever your ready, just call." She turned around I went to close the door when she stopped me.

"Oh Waite!! You don't have my number!" She yelled out of no where. Same old Normani. I smiled a little knowing she hasn't changed. She went through her purse and got a receipt writing down her number on the back with her pen.

"Here, just call, please." She handed it to me and stood there. I guess she was debating whether to hug me goodbye or somthing.

"Bye." I waved at her. She nodded her head and walked through the door. I closed it behind her and looked down at her number. I was curious and turned the receipt over 'Kentucky Fried Chicken'. Yup, same old Normani.

_____

A/N: This Chapter is Eh.