Ch. 7

The Austin guy texted me that night asking me out to catch a movie. I agreed, it would be my first date.

Lauren walked out from my bathroom that was attached to my room. She was in a sports bra and basketball shorts. Ugh why does she have to have such a perfect body and her tattoos just made her look sexier. She just got out the shower, I could see some drops of water falling down her abs to be absorbed by the waistband of her shorts.

As she walked towards the bed Emily started crying. Lauren rushed to her and picked her up. She rocked her from side to side to calm her down. Lauren looked so cute holding her and caring for her. I smiled as I watched her put Emily back in her crib sleeping. Lauren leaned into the crib to kiss Emily. Her forearms flexed under her tattoos, she looked so sexy. I bit my lip as I saw her. She turned around I quickly looked away she laid against the headboard over the duvet. I did the same and sat back to watch the tv that hung from my wall. She put on the sports channel...again. "Why are you so obsessed with sports?" I looked over at her. "Because I like them" She said not looking away from the tv. "If you love them so much why don't you just go out and play on an actually team instead of playing against an old man?" She turned to look at me serious. "Because I have a baby to look after." She said and turned back to the tv.

"Lauren, why did you really choose Emily to be her name?" I asked. I remember the day she suggested it she smiled to her self as if remembering something.

She sighed. She turned off the tv and turned to face me. "When Ana and I were younger." She said in a soft voice looking down at the space between us. "She used to carry around a babydoll. She took her everywhere. She would say it was her baby. I remember I asked her what her baby's name was. And do you know what she said?" She looked up at me with a small smile. "Emily" we both said in unison. She giggled and looked back down. "Yeah, she told me one day she was going to name her daughter Emily. And I asked her what if you have a boy ? and she said Emily-o"

She started laughing at the memory. I smiled seeing that soft side of Lauren. I like this side. Her smile slowly faded away as a tear slid down her check. I leaned forward to wipe it away. She looked up at me quickly as I pulled away.

I smiled at her and she gave me a small smile. She looked back down and began to quietly talk.

"I hated not being there for her...I hated my own family for the way they treated her...My family then started ignoring me because I would stand up for her...All I wanted was to turn eighteen to come here on my own and be with her."

Silent tears slid down her face. She then looked up at me with a small smile. "I remember how she would always mention her best friend Camila...Saying Camila always made her laugh when she felt sad...How Camila stayed by her side when she needed someone the most..How Camila gave her a place to stay when my aunt kicked her out." She wiped her tears aways.

She reached to hold my hand and gave a sincere smile at me looking straight into my eyes.

"Thank you." She whispered as more tears fell.

"Thank you for being there when I couldn't" She started sobbing. I reached and gave her a big hug. She wrapped her arms around neck and held me close. She cried furiously against my shoulder as she continued to sob.

I started crying thinking about how those little gestures meant so much to Ana she would mention me to Lauren.

She pulled back as I began to sob. "Don't cry." She whispered as she held both of my checks and wiped away my tears with the pad of her thumbs. I sniffled as she wiped my tears.

"I'm sorry, I didn't... know how much that.... meant to her." I said between a hiccups. She smiled and hugged me again. This time we didn't cry we just hugged each other just wanting to have someone by our sides.