Chapter 19 updated

Chapter 19

Katelyn had returned regrettably back to the Fenners' home with Jon. But she surely wasn't happy about it. She had refused to talk to him and was determined she was going to driver her own car there, so she did.

Jon badly wanted to talk to her. He wanted her to know that his pride soon to be alpha was Zane and he needed to talk to her asap. But she wouldn't allow any speech between them. She was angry, it was a bit obvious. He would tell her once they arrived.

"We'll talk in the morning. Zane's out right now." Jon told her. Katelyn rolled her eyes and nodded.

It was late when they arrived. Jon escorted Katelyn up to her room and ordered that she stay in it. Little did he know that Katelyn didn't agree with "orders" and that she wasn't about to listen to him.

When everyone was asleep, Katelyn decide she would take her chances once more in the woods totally against Jon's wishes. She needed to run and she didn't want to drive to get it.

She slipped from the window and was thankful that she could jump and land with grace. As soon as her feet hit the ground, she began to run.

Quickly, she striped and piled up all the clothes and dropped down to all fours. Transforming was easy when she was comfortable and at ease with her surroundings, so tonight being slightly worried about the two big males coming after her again, Katelyn was having a harder time. After a few minutes, she could feel the shift coming and she breathed a sigh of relief.

She roared quietly to herself as she dug her paws into the moist dirt, it had rained earlier in the day. As she was about to take her first step as a panther tonight, two big black cats step out before her.

Crap. She hissed and jumped into the air latching on to the first tree she could. She couldn't help but notice these are not the same cats from the night before. Their bodies were different build and they have a larger muscle mass than the first one she saw. Nimbly, Katelyn walked from tree branch to tree branch until she was well hidden from them.

*~*~*

Jon was about to head out for patrols when Marcus linked him, "Jon we got her!" He yelled quickly. He and Luke had been on the look out for a while now.

"What, you got her?" he questioned.

"Yeah well... no we found her and she's not going anywhere without us knowing about it but yeah... what do you want us to do with her?" Marcus asked.

"It's not Katelyn..." Jon replied. "I told her to stay in her room."

"This stray is not in heat any more. I don't know if it's the same cat." Luke answered.

"It's been a while though..." Marcus argued.

"I'll be there in five. Keep her there." Jon said as he linked Zane.

"They got her. I thought it would be Katelyn... If not I thought the stray would be gone."

"They got the stray?" He asked but Jon could tell Zane was happy. "I'll be there don't let her go."

"Not if I get to her first." Jon chuckled.

"I laid claim," Zane growled.

"You know you can't lay claim unless..." Jon began.

"I'm soon to be the alpha," Zane growled. "I have first claim rights."

Jon couldn't argue with Zane's reasoning. He race out the house quietly, trying to not wake anyone and ran through the grassy landscape to the trees. When he arrive, he found Luke and Marcus curled up and looking at the trees.