Chapter 3 updated

Chapter 3

Katelyn shed her clothing folding them into a neat pile before her shift. The cool air made her skin crawl with goosebumps. Before she caught a cold, she dropped onto all fours and concentrated. Finding her calm, she shifted. Her nose elongated, thickening. Fingernails turning to deadly razors. Teeth turned into sharp fangs of a panther. Her skin sprouted soft thick white and black spotted fur.

She was a snow leopard, a werecat. There was no greater feeling than being in her feline form. Katelyn began to lick her fur , sitting on her rump, grooming herself. Then she trotted off deeper into the forest.
She hadn't made it far before the leaves and brush began to rustle, startling her. She moved faster. Her cat-eyes landed a flash of fur causing her to hiss. What was Grant doing following her?

Another flash on her left and she knew Grant wasn't the one who was with her, stalking her, watching her. Katelyn should have listened to Sara, but she never could keep her kitten locked up for long. There shouldn't have been anything out here that could harm her. Wild cats like bobcat and house cats didn't stand a chance against werecats.

Thinking back to when her parents were alive; Katelyn remembered asking once why she had such a unique ability, but they said they couldn't explain it. She had never met another werecat except her brother. Once she had studied it, she felt very secure in her home lands. The state she lived was not home to big cats, small animals like wolves or bears, but never big cats. The colder environment hours north had held snowcapped mountains, perfect for blending in, for most of the year.

Her thoughts deceived her causing her to nearly ran straight into another cat. She growled, that was diffidently not Grant. Being only seventeen Grant was big but not this big. Let alone Grant had fur that was a light golden brown, similar to a mountain lion. Katelyn whipped around to run the other direction. Her tail nearly slapped the male's face as she race away.

She couldn't say she noticed the male necessarily, she nearly slammed into him. He was massive. His muscled chest and big black paws made him almost twice her size. "Mrrroww," she growled as her thick white tail flicked back and forth.

Her warning had no effect on this guy. She hissed, baring her teeth, and dropped her ears flat to her head as she began to move away. The big cat licked his chops and purred. Oh, crap. She began to run, but her paws didn't move fast enough. The next thing she knew, mthe big black panther had landed on her back and his claws dug into her flesh. The weight of his body pressed her down to the dirt covered ground. His teeth latch on to her scruff as she bucked trying to free herself.

Bucking and flailing to the right caused the big cat to fall aside just long enough for Katelyn to run free. Her feet scrapped at the ground like a car's tires would squeal their rubber as she scrambled free. The big cat scurried to his feet and roared at her as he took chase.

Katelyn couldn't say she was anything, but scared. She never had been mounted in cat form. She had never even met another werecat let alone did she know any others existed. She had always thought she was a mutant like those she had watched on television; created from a nuclear accident or something and her parents just wouldn't admit it. She never even had sex in her human form either; despite all of Sasha's failed attempts to find her a booty call.

Katelyn panted as she raced away. What was with all this heat? It was hot out here, she thought. She was thankful that she was lean and fast. She was also thankful that she had trained on the track team in high school to keep her body more conditioned even though she had to dull down to human speeds.

Slowly, the big male slipped away. Katelyn trickled her body down to a trot and finally a walk as she neared a bubbling brook. She bowed down and gulped at the water greedily. Katelyn felt so out of shape, her body had been through an emotional roller coaster over the last few days and it showed in her cat.

When she finally finished her drink, Katelyn stood and walked down the side of the river until she came back to the edge of the woods. The Fenner home was near and she was thankful for that. It had been an eventful night and she was now tired.

Though there seemed to be nobody around; Katelyn shifted, took her chances, then ran stark naked all the way to her bedroom window. She was thankful for her nimble and graceful feline features, for sure, as she jumped up the wall and latched onto her bedroom window with ease.

Thankfully, everyone seemed to be asleep. Stumbling around Katelyn steadied herself long enough to find a pair of underwear and pajamas, and then she settled herself into bed for the night.