9. With a Little Help From My Friends

Cody was able to go home a week and a half after he woke up. He still had a full leg cast on and needed crutches, but he didn't need his arm sling anymore.

On the first day Cody was home Josh nearly barged through the Tomlinson house and ran up the stairs to Cody's room. Hayden came in the house behind him, and said his apologies to Louis and Harry before he found Alexis.

Louis and Harry just laughed it off, happy that Josh was so excited to see Cody.

After the barbeque the Tomlinson's hosted Cody assigned Josh a number for when he comes over. So now Josh will push number 6 and a green light goes on inside josh's room.

When Josh got to Cody's room he pushed his number until Cody excitedly opened the door.

Josh lunged at Cody, nearly making him fall over. Cody let out a hoarse laugh as Josh tried to balance them and make sure Cody's leg was okay.

I missed you so much! School sucks without you! Josh signed.

While Cody was in the hospital Josh really picked up on his sign language. He was able to hold a small conversation at a decent pace and if he needed to be in a long conversation he could do it but much slower.

I missed you too! I come back to school Monday, so don't worry. Cody signed happily.

Good! I couldn't do another day without my best mate. Josh signed as he took a seat on Cody's bed.

Cody couldn't hold off the smile that appeared on his face as josh called him his best mate. He's never had a mate, let alone a best mate before.

Cody was taken from his thoughts when he felt his phone vibrated in his pocket. He reached for it and when he saw it was from Emma he felt his cheeks heat up.

 Josh saw Cody smiling at his phone and he got off the bed to see who he was talking to.

 Josh quickly tapped Cody's arm to get his attention. Is that a girl?!

 Cody only blushed more as he slowly nodded.

Josh was jumping excitedly as he urged Cody to tell him more.

Who then?!

Emma Clark... She moved here this year. She's in my maths class. Cody explained shyly.

Invite her over so I can meet her!

Cody shook his head violently as his eyes grew wide. No way!

C'mon, It'll me fun! Plus I need to approve of this girl!

Cody shook his head again and Josh rolled his eyes before grabbing Cody's phone from him and running out of the room.

"Josh, don't!" Cody yelled as he tried to chase Josh down the hall and down the stairs, but his crutches made it hard.

Josh ran down to the living room where Louis was wresting with the twins and Harry was trying to watch a movie with Rosie.

 "Harry! Louis!" Josh said to get their attention.

 Both of them looked at Josh and immediately stopping what they were doing, thinking something was wrong with Cody.

"What happened?!" Harry asked standing up from the couch.

 "Nothing happened! Can Emma, Cody's crush come over?" Josh asked with a small smirk.

 Louis laughed as both of the twins jumped on his back and Louis yelped out a 'yes'.

Josh smiled to himself as he typed out a message and sent it just as Cody was coming down the stairs. Josh smirked up at him and Cody could see the smug smile on his face.