Chapter 2

When we headed back the sun was setting. Jack walked me home and gave me a kiss on the cheek goodnight.
"Goodnight," he said softly. "I'll see you Friday for the movie, right?"
"Of course," I replied, thinking about the annual outdoor movie night that our town hosted every year. They put up a huge projector and everyone brought blankets and sat on the grass. Jack and I always went together, but this would be the first time we would be going together.
I walked into my house to find my older sister sitting on the couch reading a book. Like me, she had straight, black hair, athletic build, gray-blue eyes, and freckles along the bridge of the nose. However, where I was tanned, from outdoor lacrosse practices, her skin was as white as a sheet of paper and was about five inches shorter than me even though she was two years older.
"So how'd your date go Astra?" Ari, short for Ariel, asked.
"It went great," I said, not able to wipe the huge grin on my face.
Ari squealed. "I have been waiting for this to happen since you guys were like six."
"We didn't even know each other when we were six," I replied.
"So,"
I laughed. "I'm going to bed,"
I walked up the stairs to my bedroom. I opened the door to reveal my small room. I had a twin sized bed in the corner, a desk, a dresser, and a closet. I walked over to my dresser and picked out a pair of pajama shorts, that were purple with light blue and white polka dots, and a light blue tank top. I changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed. I grabbed my laptop and looked up stopping time.
After about an hour of research, all I had come up with were some lengthy equations that were too complex for me to understand and some old Greek dude named Kronos who could bend time. Sighing, I closed my laptop and reached over to turn out the light. I reached for my phone and immediately started scrolling on Tumblr. The only reason I turned my lights out anymore was so that my parents thought I was asleep. I didn't go to bed until about one in the morning when my eyes couldn't stay open. I plugged in my phone and went to sleep.