Chapter 1

I let out a laugh as I looked up at the clear, blue, sky closing my tear-filled eyes.
"Oh my goodness tell me another one."
I was laying on my back in a field of grass behind my house with Jack Anderson. I looked at his warm brown eyes as they gleamed with laughter. His curly brown hair was tangled with grass. We had been best friends since the first grade and I'd had a crush on him since the second grade. He had finally asked me out, and these past few weeks had been amazing. I thought it would have been awkward but we had clicked right away.
We were in our favorite spot, the big field behind my house. The tall grass was a pretty cream color with the leaves surrounding the small field having turned a beautiful shade of red, orange, and yellow. The sky was a pretty blue without a single cloud. We would come and lay on our backs and watch the clouds and talk.
"Ok ok," he said with a smirk on his face. "What did the lawyer say to the other lawyer?"
"What?"
"We're both lawyers," he said bursting out with laughter.
"That doesn't even make sense," I laughed.
"Exactly, that's what makes it so funny."
"Ok, I have one," I said grinning ear to ear. "Why shouldn't you write with a broken pencil? ... Because it's pointless."
We both rolled over in a laughing fit. We weren’t laughing because the jokes were funny, but because spending time with each other filled us with so much joy. He stopped laughing suddenly and stared into my gray-blue eyes. He reached over to brush a black hair out of my face. Then quickly jerked his hand to my stomach and started tickling me.
"Stop," I shrieked giggling with delight. We rolled around in the grass tickling each other. I never wanted this moment to end.
He stopped suddenly. Hands resting near my stomach, ready to tickle me, which was sore from laughing so hard
"Is everything all right?" I asked. He didn't respond. I asked him again but there was still no answer. That's when I realized that I couldn't feel the cool fall breeze anymore. I got up and looked around. The tall grass was bent over as if being blown by the wind, but was somehow completely still. The world was completely silent. There wasn't a single sound. I looked back at Jack. He was still in the same position as before. There was no way someone could hold that position for that long.
Being the geek I was, I knew immediately what must be going on.
I had stopped time.
I had wanted to stay in that moment with Jack so badly that I had stopped time. The nerd inside me started fangirling. I looked around once again taking at the moment. I thought about everything I could do if I learned to control this power if it was even me stopping time.
I realized that the only way I would be able to do that was by finding out how I could restart time. I had stopped time by wanting a moment to last forever, so maybe I just had to really want time to start again. It sounded like complete bullshit, but it was worth a try.
I layed back down in the same position I was in before time stopped and tried to start it again.
All of a sudden I felt the breeze on my face and heard Jack’s laugh. I laughed along with him as if nothing had happened.

...

A/N
Hoped you guys liked the first chapter of When Time Stops. I promise it gets better. Thanks for reading and remember to vote.