08. The Truth

"What the hell are you? And why does Crowley want you?"

"Dean, all I know is Crowley wants me. That demon said I wasn't human. There is no way I'm not human!"

Sam walked in and saw the two bodies on the floor, then Dean with his gun to my head. "Dean! What the hell?"

"She isn't human Sam! We don't know what she is," he said as Sam went between Dean and I.

"Dean, we don't know what is going on. Lower the gun!"

Dean lowered his gun, then walked away a little. He walked over to his duffle and slipped on his shirt. "Cat, what the hell is going on? What do you know?"

"As much as you do. My family and friends were killed because of me." Dean turned to look at me, waiting for me to continue. "About a year ago I ran into some demons. They told me I had a price over my head and the Crowley wants me. They didn't say why, but my parents, bestfriend, and my ex boyfriend were all killed, because they were trying to find me."

"And you couldn't share this information sooner?"

"Dean, I just met you! I'm not going to give you my damn life story! I don't trust anyone, and I'm not going to start!" I walked outside and went out to the impala. I had to get away from this place. I had to get away from them.

I opened the trunk and grabbed my duffle and put some if my weapons in it. I slung my bag over my shoulder. When I turned around, Sam and Dean were behind me.

"Where are you going," Dean asked as he tried to stop you.

"Look this was fun. Like I said before, I'm better off on my own," I started walking away.

I ended up finding a car that was unlocked on the side of the room. When I got in, it smelled like a brand new car. I hot wired the car, and drove off.

About a week after the incident with the boys, I was still thinking about Dean. All I could think about, was the look on his face when he thought I was some monster. I know it was wrong to leave, but I had to.

I sat at a booth in a local diner, waiting for my breakfast. I took a sip of my coffee, as I looked at my laptop. I scrolled through the news as I heard the door open and close again. I didn't glance up, because I was looking at a case here in Tennessee.

There were local hikers, who had went camping in the woods, and never seen again. From all the information, my first guess was a wendigo.

I looked up from the screen, as my waitress sat my pancakes and sausage links in front of me. I smiled up at her, then cut up my sausage, and spread some butter on my pancakes. I took a bite of pancakes, and looked back at my laptop.

I looked up once again, when someone slid into the booth in front of me. Sam and Dean. Great.

"Let me guess, we are on the same hunt. Wendigo is all you two have to worry about?"

"We were in town and we saw the headline. We came to get breakfast but to our surprise, we run into you," Dean said with his usual smirk.

"Fun," I said sarcastically, then took a bite of my pancakes. Dean reach across and took a piece of your sausage. "Get your own!" He laughed as the waitress came back over and took their order.

I scrolled through the headlines on my laptop, and took another bite.

"Cat can we talk without you looking at your laptop," Sam asked as I rolled my eyes and shut my laptop.

"Okay Sam let's talk. Let's talk about how Dean had a gun to my head and thought I'm a monster."

"Cat I'm sorry I overreacted," Dean said as he leaned forward.

I leaned back and took another bite of my food. "Whatever."

All of a sudden, a man appeared beside me as I quickly grabbed the demon blade from my shoe. "Cat no! That's Castiel, he is an angel."

I put the blade back in my boot, and looked over at the trench coated man. When he turned, and his bright blue eyes pierced through me. "Catherine?"

"Yeah?"

"Wait, you know her?" I looked over at Dean and felt Castiel still staring at me.

"Catherine was in my garrison and she fell."