Hela looked up and brown eyes met clear blue. Hela's eyes were filled with sadness and pain, and Valkyrie felt something weird in her chest.

"You where mine" Valkyrie said and Hela's head snapped up. "You were mine" She said again and a flash of recognition could be seen in Hela's eyes.

"You are mine" the goddess answered and they both smiled weakly

"Always" The old friends embraced each other after years.

"Come on Brunnie, hurry!" The young raven haired girl yelled at the dark-haired girl behind her

"I'm coming Hela!" The other girl yelled back. The young Hela and Brunnhilde ran up a mountain that the raven-haired had found a few days prior.

"Look! I told you it's beautiful!" Hela said when they were both at the top. And it was.

They stood close to a cliff, and in the distance the sun was going down so the grass and flowers had a soft orange color.

"Wow!" Brunnhilde looked out on the beautiful sight "I've never seen anything like it!"

The girls sat down on the cliff with their legs dangling out into the void.

"Brunnie, father told me something today. He said that I should stop seeing you since I need to go use on my study's and training" Hela looks down and focuses her eyes on a birds nest that is placed on a tree beside them.

"Well, that's just ridiculous. I never want to stop being your friend. Your fun to be with. You where mine" She said with a bright smile.

"You are mine" Hela stated and met her eye.

"Always" They said and hugged

—-

An hour after the meeting, Bruce, Thor and Natasha entered the Bifrost. Thor followed so they could transport quick and he needed his thoughts off, Bruce because he knew the person they where visiting and Natasha because of the mark.

When they landed Thor, who was used to the feeling stood steady on his legs while Natasha and Bruce were laying on the ground.

"You could have warned us" groaned Natasha and gave Thor a death glare.

"Well what's the fun in that?" He asked.

Thor hadn't dared to look at his soulmark, just to see that the blue ink had changed to red. His mark was placed on his stomach, and across the six words was a scar that Loki had given to him during the battle of New York. Loki had later told him that he had done so because of the anger that Thor had said his words.

Thor had only felt sadness when the words were spoken. And you would to if after your soulmate said the words you thought he died.

'I didn't do it for him'

Thor snapped out of his thoughts and looked around. The place ruined, and the few people who were there didn't seem to acknowledge their presence.

"What happened here?" Natasha asks while looking at what used to be New York. The city that Thor used to love to be in was gone, and instead was replaced by a ghost town covered in dust.

"Looks like the snap mixed with the battle against Thanos children had a big impact on this place" Bruce said and started walking towards their destination, the Sanctum Sanctorum.

Bruce carefully knocked on the door hoping that the man they where looking for wasn't 'dead' as well.

"What do you want?" Wong opened the door with an annoyed face before he saw who it was "Oh, it's you" He stepped away and they all entered.

"I've been here before, with another sorcerer. His name was Strange, right?" Thor asks while he looks around on the familiar place. Except for the hole in the stairs, it looks exactly like when he and Loki left it not so long ago.

"What was so strange about it?" Natasha asks him with a raised eyebrow.

"He means Doctor Stephen Strange. And since he isn't here I suspect he's gone as well?" Bruce looked down and gave him a small nod "Very well. What do you need help with?"

"We-" Bruce started but was cut off by them being suddenly seated at a table with some tea in front of them. Thor was a little more prepared, but Bruce was kinda shaken up and Natasha's battle instinct caused her to grab the knife on her belt.

"We were wondering if you could tell us something about the Infinity Stones, or more exactly the soul stone?" Asked Bruce while he and Natasha tried to get themselves together.

"What do you need to know exactly?" Wong asks and Natasha tells him about her mark and Bruce about the theory that the fallen people aren't dead.

Wong was silent for a moment before the transportation happened again. This time Bruce nearly fell over and had to grab the shelf on the library they had appeared in.

"Let's see" Wong mumbles while looking through a book in his hand. "Ah here, the soul stone" He's silence for a minute before putting the book away on its place in the shelf "Just as I thought. The soul stone has a few abilities but the most heard of is the ability to trap people in the so-called soul world, a pocket dimension in the actual stone. The body gets destroyed while the soul is trapped in there. No one has ever been in the Soul world and gotten out, so it's impossible to know what it's inside it"

"But if you destroy the stone, would you be able to free the souls?" Thor's ask's, who's been silent since the news about Strange.

"Theoretically, maybe. Either that or kill them. But there's only one way to do so, and that is by the stones or a power like it. And even if you have anything like it, you need to pay a terrible price. The problem is, I don't know what it is" The three Avengers groan at his words. They were so close to an answer!

Natasha is just about to say something when her phones beeps. She picks it up and gives Thor a look.

"Something just entered the atmosphere. And it doesn't look like it's from earth"

—-

//Hela And Valkyrie's relationship is heavily inspired by the song always by Beth Crowley, and Severus and Lily's relationship from Harry Potter. Please listen to the song it's amazing, and Hela's story is basically the lyrics.