✿Chapter 32: Intimate Interval✿

"Hey Jason~" You hummed his name as you stepped back outside, seeing the male leap up and move over to you in a literal flash. "Look what I found~!" His blue eyes glittered with enthusiasm once you held up the marshmallow packet - a merry smile taking over your mouth.

"M...Ma...r...sh...uh...m...al...lo...ws...!" He exclaimed and excitedly clapped his hands together, pleased by your success. "M...ar...sh...ma...l...lo...ws...! M...ar...sh...ma...l...lo...ws...!"

"I get it, I get it, I got marshmallows." You chuckled, "Want to find us some sticks to use? Y'know, so we can roast the marshmallows?" You casually asked, moving back over to the chairs and sitting down again.

Jason didn't even hesitate; snatching up several sticks from the ground as he almost shoved them in your direction, wanting to start roasting marshmallows immediately. "Hang on, we don't need this many. Haven't you ever roasted marshmallows before?" You gave another giggle before selecting two of the longest, thinnest sticks - deeming those two to be the best match.

He shook his head and then nodded, obviously perplexed about whether or not he had actually roasted marshmallows. Did he not remember? Perhaps it was a little difficult to recall every single memory...but surely him and his mother did this at least on one occasion. The male took the two sticks from your other hand and brought out a knife, causing your expression to grow confused while you frowned. What was he going to do with the sticks now? They weren't excessively dirty, so it's not like you had to clean them. A few seconds passed and you received your answer - Jason whittling the ends of the sticks into a point.

"Ohh! You're uncovering the wood beneath the bark and removing the parts that were exposed to the elements...I get it now. What a smart idea! Now they'll definitely be clean." Your kind exclamation made him very, very happy, proud that you thought his actions were clever.

After whittling the sticks, Jason checked on the fire whilst passing you the two small branches. A yawn almost slipped through your lips, yet you managed to stifle it - not wanting to fall asleep quite yet. Instead, you wanted to roast marshmallows and look at the stars with your friend. It felt strange to call Jason a friend, but what else could you call him? Speaking of which...your face fell as you suddenly remembered how many days it had been. It was the seventh day, meaning that the week was practically over. You'd have to return home tomorrow...if you could call it home.

What were you supposed to do? If you tried to leave, Jason was sure to grow enraged and force you to stay. If you didn't go, Anna and Lynda might come to Camp Crystal Lake and attempt to locate everyone. How were you meant to fix this situation? You sighed and unfortunately he caught it, the mask-wearing man shooting you a bewildered stare. Uh-oh...how to explain...? Would he even understand if you did explain the issue to him? Or was he too childlike to grasp the problem? It didn't look like he was going to let this go either...so you took a deep breath and tried to shift the focus away from your simple sigh.

"Oh, I was just—I mean, it's just that—Well...I wish I could've met you sooner, y'know? It would've been fun to become friends when we were little kids." You lied about the sigh, but it wasn't a complete untruth - it would've been fun to hang out with Jason. You weren't being dishonest about that.

Jason nodded in agreement; his expression clearing as he opened the packet of pink and white marshmallows. The next five minutes consisted of you passing him one of the sticks and showing him how to push the marshmallow onto said stick. It was pretty straightforward and fun, especially when he started waving the marshmallow-topped stick around in excitement. Pushing the marshmallow onto your own stick, you demonstrated roasting the sugary treat - slowly twirling it round and watching it darken in colour. Hold on, you should probably-

"Don't lower it too much into the flames, otherwise—" Your hurried warning came slightly too late once you watched Jason's marshmallow drop into the fiery clutches of the flames. "—it'll fall off the stick." You finished, trying not to laugh. You weren't wanting to be unkind, but Jason was acting incredibly cute - especially when he stared into the fire and his eyes filled with tears of frustration.

"Hey, hey, please don't cry...!" The urge to laugh soon faded after you noticed the tears lining his ocean-like orbs, your heart melting whilst you tried to think of a way to resolve this. "Look, look, you can have mine! Here~" You offered over yours and his expression brightened once more; the male overjoyed by your kindness.

"T...Th...h...an...kuh...y...ou..." He mumbled gratefully, happy.

"No problem. Everything always works out in the end, so try not to worry so much, okay?" You warmly comforted - taking his empty stick and pushing an additional marshmallow onto it.

A minute later you looked back up at the sky, being able to make out one or two common constellations. "Hey, do you know what some of these constellations are called?" You asked, as you managed to make out a few. Jason shook his head, feeling a bit inferior to you and lowering his gaze unhappily.

"Oh, it's okay! Not everyone knows about constellations, so please don't feel bad!" You rushed to cheer him up and he appreciated that, looking a little happier. "Here's an idea...why don't I show you some? I can teach you the names and everything!"

He gave another nod of anticipation, almost dropping his second marshmallow due to being overly excited by your offer. "Good thing I studied astronomy in my spare time, huh?" You flashed a kind smile and finished roasting your marshmallow, taking a bite of it before starting to point out certain star patterns.

"So the small pattern over there - the one that looks like an upside-down Y - that constellation is called the Cancer constellation, and it's the dimmest of the 13 constellations of the Zodiac." You pointed to the dimly-lit constellation and started teaching him about the stars. "And right next to Cancer is the Gemini constellation, which is fairly easy to spot. You can tell by the two brightest stars -named after the twins Castor and Pollux from Greek mythology. It probably sounds pretty boring, but after sketching, I spent most of my spare time studying stars and other spacey stuff."

The night went on while you kept teaching him about astronomy - even about the constellations you couldn't see at the moment. But he seemed interested, staring at the stars and not looking bored at all. Eventually, the tiredness from earlier began to overwhelm you; a second yawn slipping through your mouth and your voice growing gradually quieter. Not to mention your eyes fell shut and fluttered back open quickly. How late was it? You checked the time and bit your lip, noticing that it was way past midnight. But...this was quite possibly your last night with Jason. You didn't want to waste any time before leaving.

Yet, your vision betrayed you; your eyes unable to stay open anymore as you started to fall asleep. Your now-empty stick hit the ground and you leaned against Jason - slowly but surely slipping into an unconscious state. The child-minded man spotted this, mostly amused by your sleepy condition and exhaustion. Placing his hands underneath your legs, he held you bridal-style for a minute or two - wondering what to do. His mother was telling him to put you to bed, but...but you just looked so cute! He was even more undecided when you unconsciously nuzzled into his chest and gripped his shirt, releasing a contented sigh.

Jason was shocked by your actions, but he hadn't disliked what you had done. Instead, he was delighted by your sleepy behaviour; finding you to be tremendously adorable. A secret smile spread across his face from behind his mask as he tightened his arms around your form, deciding to just let you sleep in his arms. You were acting far too cute to just put you to bed now. So for the rest of the night he held you close to his chest, cherishing the cuteness and your entire existence. Were you some sort of reward for protecting the lake? Was this a gift from Mommy? Whatever kind of luck brought you here - to Camp Crystal Lake - he was immensely thankful.

And he wasn't going to let anyone ruin it.

[Constellation sources:
-Zodiac Constellations = https://www.space.com/15722-constellations.html
-Cancer Constellation = https://www.space.com/16970-cancer-constellation.html
-Gemini Constellation = https://www.space.com/16816-gemini-constellation.html]