✿Chapter 4: Taxing Truck Ride✿

"Oi (Y/n)! Anna sent me, you ready or what?" The snotty brunette shoved open your door and stuck her head in, her blue eyes looking very bored.

"I-I'll be ready in a minute! Sorry!" You bit your lip and ran a hand through your unruly hair, breathing unevenly.

"Whatcha drawing there loner?" The teen snatched up your sketchbook before you could protest and studied your drawing - snickering a little bit.

"H-Hey! Please...give it back." You tried to grab it back but she moved back, smirking.

"How depressing. Honestly, I don't know why Jon even invited you. He must've felt terribly sorry for you. Sad-face." The girl giggled meanly and dropped the drawing book on the ground.

You didn't say anything; your cheeks burning bright crimson whilst you picked your sketchbook back up and packed it into your suitcase. You hadn't even said anything to get Kathy on your case. So why...why did she feel the need to attack you so viciously? After making sure you'd packed everything, you brushed your hair and teeth, changing your clothes too. Once you were decent and ready to go, you carried your suitcase down the stairs and encountered a busy Lynda. She was making sure the kids were starting homework, taking turns playing games and no fights were breaking out.

"(Y/n)! You didn't eat last night, did you?" She saw you wheeling your suitcase towards the door and called you out - her dark eyes trained to your face.

"I grabbed a cereal bar." You lied, flinching when you thought back to the dream.

"I don't think you did." Lynda looked very unconvinced as Anna appeared, her face amused.

"Why don't we just trust (Y/n) to make her own decisions and mistakes, so she can learn from them?" She touched Lynda's shoulder and smiled, calming the conversation right down.

"But-"

"C'mon Lynda, some of the kids want to go to the park. This means a swing rematch." Anna hummed and took off down the hallway.

"This isn't over (Y/n). We'll talk about this when you get back from your camping trip." Lynda shook her head, but you could see a small smile secretly spreading across her face.

"I'd better go, I'm five minutes late." You threw her a nervous smile, gripping the suitcase handle a little tighter.

"Have fun, hun. Try not to let the girls drag you down. You might even make a few friends at the lake." Lynda patted your arm, wanting to be nice.

"Maybe. Bye Lynda, say goodbye to Anna for me." You waved whilst you wheeled the suitcase out the door, your anxiety flaring up when you saw the teens hanging around a Chevy truck.

"Fucking finally! Get in loser, else we won't get there until sundown." Kathy's loud voice called over to you, the girl talking to her best friend Stephanie.

"Can it Kathy, she's here now." Jon finished his drink and threw the can into the trash, flashing you a kind smile.

"She actually had the balls to come." Stephanie whispered to Kathy jeeringly, causing the two of them to laugh.

"You know what else will cum?" An unfamiliar boy wrapped his arms around both girls and brought them closer to his chest, grinning.

"Nothing, if we're talking about your needle dick." Kathy roasted him savagely, pushing him away.

"At least now we know you're compensating for something." Stephanie joined in as they climbed into the car - high-fiving each other.