✿Chapter 37: Sweet Storytime✿

"C-uh...C...ou...ld...n-uh...ne...v-uh...er...di...dis...ah...p-uh...p...oi...nt... m-uh...m...e..." Jason swore strongly, continuing to hold his hands underneath your jaw and caress your chin with possessive intent. "Eh...ev...er...y...w-o...ne... bu...uh...t...y...y-uh...ou..." He cooed.

"Thank you," You whispered as tears dribbled down your cheeks. "That means a lot to me." You wiped your eyes with your wrists before calming down; knowing that the killer spoke the truth and would always comfort you.

Jasmine nuzzled into the embrace as well, causing the duo cuddle to become a trio. You ruffled her head and regained your composure - the cute doggy consoling your frame of mind further while the two of you finished eating the picnic and began clearing up. Once you'd shoved all the wrappers and empty plastic into the basket, you started making your way back towards the cabin you two were staying in, Jasmine tagging behind you both quite happily. As soon as you and Jason had entered the cabin, you placed the basket down on the kitchen counter and unintentionally hummed under your breath - not even realising what you were doing until you noticed him staring.

"I-I'm sorry-!" You stammered out, embarrassed. "I don't usually hum in front of people like that." You blushed a bright, burgundy colour, not used to acting so relaxed around someone. "J...Just forget I did it!"

Jason shook his head. "Cu...ut...e... h...hu...mm...i...ng..." He complimented in an adoring tone, clapping his hands together and applauding your voice. "...d...do...i...it... a...ag...ai...n...-p...pl...ea...se...?" The slasher begged childishly.

"I don't know, I'm not much of a singer...or a hummer..." You held your hands up in defence and your blush became brighter - facing him with extreme humiliation. No one had ever really wanted you to hum deliberately before, so for Jason to beg you on purpose threw you off and made you become bashful.

"S-So anyway..." You cleared your throat and tried to calm yourself down, not wanting to be nervous the whole time. "What would you like to do now...?" You wondered timidly.

The masked male held up one rough finger and then walked towards the door; leaving the cabin and disappearing. Guessing he went to go get something, you settled on the sofa and worked on battling the embarrassment you felt, relief washing through you when Jason returned. He sat down next to you and held up a book, obviously wanting you to take it. So you did - holding it with both hands and letting your eyes read the title. Rapunzel. Oh... He wanted you to read him a fairytale. Well, it had been a long long time since you'd read any fairytales - especially Rapunzel - but, you certainly didn't mind reading this to him.

"I didn't know you liked fairytales." You commented curiously, flashing him a soft smile whilst you flicked open the book to the first page and lightly looked towards the guy.

"M...Mo...m...my...u...us...ed...t-uh...t...o..." Jason struggled to get his sentence out, but tried again stubbornly. "Mo...m...my...us...ed...t-uh...to...-"

"-did your mother used to read fairytales to you?" You attempted to finish his response kindly, the killer nodding vigorously as an actual answer to your question.

"Well Rapunzel is a really good fairytale." You told him with excitement - remembering that Anna read it to you when you were a child. "Has your mom read Rapunzel to you before? Or is it totally new to you?"

Jason nodded, then shook his head - unsure of whether or not he'd actually been read Rapunzel. "Hey that's okay!" You comforted the child-minded man in concern. "You don't have to have read Rapunzel. There's nothing wrong with it being a new experience - in fact that makes it even more fun in my opinion." You sweetly spoke towards him, not wanting him to grow angry or agitated about it.