✿Chapter 38: Panicking Phone Call✿

"Hope you liked it," You said to Jason gently, "I told you it had a happy conclusion. See?" The masked killer nodded his head happily, enjoying the ending and engulfing you into a child-like cuddle. Scarlet shaded your face; your shyness flaring up again while you struggled on how to react to his actions.

Surely it was wrong to act like this...to feel so shy and skittish as you debated on what to say or do in response to what he did. It had to be incorrect to develop a crush on Jason too... But he was the only one who'd cared about you! He'd spent time with you, protected you from dodgy and downright dangerous teenagers/people, and also confessed his own obsessive compassion towards you. How could you not grow feelings in retaliation? He'd even saved you from your drunken, abusive, cheating parents...plus the children's home had been awful as well. Maybe you should just take some time to think it over and perhaps sleep on it...

Yeah. Sleep. That sounded like a sensible idea. You timidly hugged him back, finding his embrace to be extremely enjoyable. "S-So... What would you like to do now? W-We um...We still have a bit of time left before it gets too late, y'know...?" You fumbled around with your words, pink now colouring your cheeks and causing you to avoid his gaze.

"W-uh...W...W...e...c-uh...c...ou...l...d-uh...W...e...c-uh...co...uh...ld..." Jason suddenly found speaking to be more and more difficult, his usual anger sparking up again.

"Don't worry, don't worry. Speaking isn't the be all and end all." You quickly reassured him, breaking the hug and instead squeezing his hands to soothe the slasher's aggravation. "Maybe we could watch a movie...? Only if you want to though, we could always do something different if you dislike my idea."

"M-uh...oo...vi...e...! M-uh...oo...vi...e...!" The male cheered and clapped his hands a few times before clasping your hands again, holding them closer to his chest. The pink that coloured your cheeks now changed to a bubblegum shade of pink - your heart deciding to skip a beat and give out an irregular flutter. Why was the killer acting so randomly cute?

"A-Alright then-! I-I'll go see what movies are in this cabin's cabinet!" You stammered before pulling away and climbing to your feet hurriedly; trying to calm your erratic heartbeat.

"M-uh...Mi...s...s...y...y-uh...ou..." Jason mumbled out after you, now behaving clingy and staring at your back with dejected eyes.

"I'll only be a second...!" You sent him a soft glance and felt relief wash through you once your blush faded. Thank goodness.

Out of nowhere a phone unexpectedly began to ring, making you jump and drop one of the DVDs you had just picked up. "What the...?" You muttered to yourself in confusion, wandering towards the source of the sound as you spotted a mobile phone vibrating on a bed.

You hadn't entered this room of the cabin yet - seeing as it was a second - guest - bedroom and you only needed one bedroom to use. Anyway, you moved closer to the bed and grabbed ahold of the phone; confused as to who could be ringing whoever the owner of this phone had previously been. "Hello...?" You greeted curiously, hoping it wasn't anyone official.

"Stephanie?" You froze in shock, not expecting to hear Anna's voice float through the phone.

"A-Anna-?!" You anxiously stuttered as you tried to remain calm.

"(Y/n)? Why do you have Steph's phone? Agh! You know what, never mind. Are you all okay over there? How come you guys are a day late coming back? I've been worried sick - not to mention Lynda!" Anna bursted out worriedly.

"I...I..." You had no clue what to say, not knowing whether to say the truth or lie. "I'm okay, I just...I just...don't worry about the others." You told her, fear flooding your veins whilst you didn't pay any attention to the footsteps coming from behind you.

"Are you kidding me right now, (Y/n)?! How am I NOT meant to worry?! We haven't heard from ANY of you until now and you weren't even MEANT to be gone for THIS long!" She fiercely retorted and huffed straight after.

"I'm sorry, it wasn't-"

Out of nowhere, it sounded like the phone got snatched away from Anna - someone else cutting you off. "-What the HELL is going on-?! I want an answer and I want an answer RIGHT fucking now, (Y/n)!" Lynda's tone wasn't just ticked off - she was furious.

"Lynda...! I-...Well-...You see-" You scrambled over words to try and explain the situation; how the killer had slaughtered all of the teens and Jason Voorhees actually being real instead of nothing but fantasy.

"That's NOT an explanation, (Y/n)!" Lynda shouted - growing more and more frustrated. "If you - and everyone else - aren't back by tomorrow morning, I'll have no choice but to get the police involved!"

"No please!" You gasped in a high-pitched voice, beginning to shake from distress. "Please don't! You don't understand! There's so much more going on here than you could ever-!" Without warning, a hand yanked the phone out of yours and snapped it in half - an angry snarl slipping through a certain someone's mask.

"Jason! Wait, no-!" You were too late, whirling around and seeing the sulky slasher throw the two pieces of the phone to the floor before stamping on them. "No, no! Oh, why would you do that? That's just going to make everything worse! Anna and Lynda, they'll-"

"N...N-uh...o...!" Jason growled out. "N-uh...N...o...uh-...o...th...er...pe...oh...p-uh...le...!" His orbs of blue were like darkened diamonds, the male losing his temper and glaring at you as he slammed his clenched-up fist into the side of the wall. "B-uh...Ba...d-uh...g-uh...ir...l...!" He viciously hissed.

"I-I...I wasn't talking to them on purpose, I-I swear-!" You cried out, feeling hounded by everyone. "I only picked up the phone because it began to ring! I didn't know it would be Anna and Lynda, looking for me and the others!" Tears trickled down your face while you held your arms, just wanting things to calm down and stop being so hectic. "Please believe me!"

The child-minded man's anger calmed down a tad, but he was still slightly possessive over you; snatching your wrist and pulling you out of the room. Jason instead dragged you back into the living room area and forced you to sit back down on the sofa, moodily moving over to the cabinet and plucking the DVD from the floor. You were panicking about Lynda's threat to involve the police - unable to stop softly sobbing and shaking. Oh god, oh god...This could turn out so badly. What were you meant to do? There wasn't anything you could do. Jason returned to your side as he held out the movie, indicating for you to take it.

"I'm sorry," You whispered after a few seconds. "I'm so so sorry..." Your head fell into the palms of your hands, trembling. "I'm scared... I'm scared, Jason. Anna...Lynda...-they said if I don't come home by tomorrow morning, they'll get the police involved. That means they'll trespass on Camp Crystal Lake...and it's all my fault...!" You weakly wept through your fingers and eventually raised your head.

Jason no longer looked mad at you. Rather than his infuriated stance a minute ago, he looked concerned over your crying and placed the DVD down on the sofa. "N-uh...ot...y-uh...yo...ur...f-uh...fa...ul...t..." He disagreed lovingly, "N-uh...ev...er...y-uh...yo...ur...f-uh...fa...ul...t..."

"But what do we do...?" You wiped at your tear-stained eyelashes and let the killer pick you up bridal-style; hugging you incredibly close to his torso and sitting down where you were previously sat. "I don't want you to be in any danger, or trouble from the police, or-"

He shook his head, almost as if he wasn't bothered by the officers of the law. "-D-uh...D...oh...n't...-uh...w-uh... wo...r...ry... Th...Th...ey...d-uh...d...oh...n't...s...sc...ar...e-uh...m-uh...m...e..." Jason responded with confidence, not caring about dealing with trespassers. His mother had already taught him how to deal with vermin like that.

"B-But..." You huddled even closer to him, feeling insecure and tired. "What if...What if...they hurt you...?" You asked fearfully.

"Y...Yo...u...'re...w-uh...w...or...th...d-uh...dy...i...ng...f-uh...f...or..." The killer truthfully told you, tightening one of his arms around your body while the other went to his mask. Jason then used that arm to tilt his mask to the side - only exposing the bottom half of his face. He then pressed his lips against your forehead and calmed you down completely, his obsession with you only growing further.